FragEmAll

New Assault Helixes are inbound!

El... guy with long Spanish name... being in the test group I actually have the rules in front of me now. I think you'll be pleased with what Derek did for both the DIndrenzi and Directorate.

The Iapetus has evolved a smidge since it's rulebook reveal. (You all may remember that was the example profile in the original rulebook.) I think you can look at the model and surmise it's purpose, pointy bit and all. The gem of that helix to me is the tanks that accompany it, heck I'd take the tanks rather than the bots for that helix if I could. Most of the weapon loadout isn't difficult to piece together for them either, but I think I won't get scolded for saying that they have a trick or three up their sleeves that you can't see yet.

The Directorate on the other hand. As mean as their new tanks are it's their bots that I'm more concerned about. They have a bot with one more role than any of the other forces have. Definitely give those some space.

edit:

Will the Iapetus still be able to be built with twin blades?

The bots in the boxes are quite big and those tanks are no slouches, I do believe the alternate loadouts  of a year ago were scrapped in place of keeping prices down.

Terror for everything. 

Wish the renders would come out with some scale comparison becasue i cant work out the Terrans for a start.

All the big bots should be ~Dindrenzi Drop-to-Command podish base and the smaller elements medium tank sized. Excepting the Relth...

The Terrans are bringing the pain in this helix, DO NOT be fooled by the smaller bot's size. To quote Gimli: "...very dangerous over short distances."

Or to put it in other words, if you have EF... It's already too late.

Since I've already given vague rundowns of half the forces:

The Aquan bots and tanks, though possibly not making it into my force, are a welcome addition to the armament of the fishies. They both fill a weakpoint in the Aquan line. If you've been complaining about the Levi's survivability... BUY THIS HELIX, these are the hunter killers that take out the threat before it gets in range.

The Relth are, as they do, bringing a true mini-leviathan. So if you already bought 2 Levis and 2 Ground attack Aerials then this is the third piece of your Kaiju hat-trick. If only the Massith worked on the little guys...

The Sory's... well... someone had to be the bar. Not to say they're bad, they do their job very effectively. They just don't to me have an "OMMFG it does WHAT!" feature. Good stats overall, just not a lynchpin to a force. I think just about every Sory player will take them, they're just obviously a tool not THE go to tool of the Sorylian command. Double Command, double Assault, one of each; personal preference but none of those are bad choices.

El... guy with long Spanish name... being in the test group I actually have the rules in front of me now. I think you'll be pleased with what Derek did for both the DIndrenzi and Directorate.

The Iapetus has evolved a smidge since it's rulebook reveal. (You all may remember that was the example profile in the original rulebook.) I think you can look at the model and surmise it's purpose, pointy bit and all. The gem of that helix to me is the tanks that accompany it, heck I'd take the tanks rather than the bots for that helix if I could. Most of the weapon loadout isn't difficult to piece together for them either, but I think I won't get scolded for saying that they have a trick or three up their sleeves that you can't see yet.

The Directorate on the other hand. As mean as their new tanks are it's their bots that I'm more concerned about. They have a bot with one more role than any of the other forces have. Definitely give those some space.

edit:

The bots in the boxes are quite big and those tanks are no slouches, I do believe the alternate loadouts  of a year ago were scrapped in place of keeping prices down.

Really wishing to see it. Dindrenzi tanks of this helix look really apealling on a closer round. Indeed the quality of all the assault helixes is really really good.

After the mixed feelings I had with the command pod, this one is for sure on my buying list.

The idea of an Aquan unit which can effectively counter sky drop infantry is a rather nice comforting one. Spider infantry spam gets old. 

Aye, never said they countered skydrop. The assault helixes are all designed to get upclose and personal with the enemy on atleast one of the squadrons. For Firepower Levi defense this can be useful as screening support. Both Aquan squadrons I feel do an excellent job complementing the Firepower Leviathan defensively as a preemptive strike or screen against anything coming to get it. Both have good stats if you want to keep them close for anti-skydrop, or for more traditional foes the rest of their stats are well suited to hunt down the primary threats to the Aquan Levi.

Someone already said on facebook the assault tanks have AP missiles...... nothing works better against skydropping infantry than AP missiles. With enough AD and maybe an over watch..... 

I wouldn't say Sorylians have nothing special.. if you want ANYTHING that is a counter sky drop force, it would be the Sorylians. I can just say the mediums will be potentially the nightmare of all infantry in existence, and the battle bots like all the battle bots are super smashy up close and bring the usual Sorylian close range smacking firepower. Essentially, if you were the sort of Sorylian commander that LOVED the heavy infantry, getting up close and smashing face focus over artillery and long range firepower, this helix will be your love child... :P

I love all of these, they all look amazing. Well done, Spartan!

Also, these helices complete the helix map for the core 6. All those who said they'd wait for that to happen, well, are you going to jump in now? :)

I wouldn't say Sorylians have nothing special.. if you want ANYTHING that is a counter sky drop force, it would be the Sorylians. I can just say the mediums will be potentially the nightmare of all infantry in existence, and the battle bots like all the battle bots are super smashy up close and bring the usual Sorylian close range smacking firepower. Essentially, if you were the sort of Sorylian commander that LOVED the heavy infantry, getting up close and smashing face focus over artillery and long range firepower, this helix will be your love child... :P

I just mean in comparison to the other Assault Helixes. The Sory's is gets the job done generic; no crazy MARs, special weapons, or unusually high stats in one field. It's the dependable Buck knife in a room full of specialty knives. They didn't sit and go "what one nasty thing can we do with an assault walker group" when the Sory's made their design.

I disagree and feel that they're an infantry and T&H unit's nightmare, but then again every Sorylian close quarter unit is due to, scatter being EVERYWHERE among Sorylian units, but those mediums walkers have a special trick the others don't that is a nice little added optional extra.. I mean, in my opinion the Terrans are the boring one without crazy MARs compared to anyone else that is just generic "will get the job done", in a very blunt and straight forward manner, as Terrans tend to do. :P As said to me they're the helix that gets the job done like throwing a brick through a window to get attention, but without anything really special. Directorate probably take my top spot, because those battle robots look soooo kick ass, probably with Aquans second because those skimmer tanks look so sexy as well. Not a fan of Tripods really, don't like the Leviathan either because of it, but those skimmers look sooo good. <3

Well I'm guessinf I need this helix then