We're moving to Discord!

Come join in the discussion here!

You can also still find out all the latest news on TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to welcoming you shortly.

The Warcradle Team

sacreddutchman

Firestorm Taskforce

Models look cool especialy the aquan ones. im guessing/hoping something similar to x-wing, so storm zone themed dogfighting. Spartan keep impressing me recently, lots of mew models and new releases. And a new game means more advertising which means more people join the community.

The idea of making the game quicker is really nice, I haven't play any game of FSA since several month because it's too long.

Models are good looking, as always, but the gap with the first ships of FSA grow bigger in term of esthetic (and sometime quality). I'm eager to see more insight of the rules.

I would like to know what I need for either ruleset before I order, to be honest. I anticipate getting as much as I need for Armada, so the Taskforce squad sizes are fairly meaningless to me from a collecting standpoint. I'm particularly positive that a squad size of 1 or 2 ain't gonna be a thing for Armada compatability, y'know? I guess I'm saying that the required number of ships would be nice to know. I wanna be able to get enough for Armada without too many models that fall short of an additional full squad.

I would say it's probably a safe bet that the Reinforcement sets show you the full squadron size for the Frigates and new Capital Ships within Firestorm. Otherwise, why sell three at a time?

Also, if you preorder a Taskforce boxed set through Spartan's store this weekend, you'll get some cool-looking game accessory bits.

Firestorm_Taskforce_Special_Offer.jpg

I would say it's probably a safe bet that the Reinforcement sets show you the full squadron size for the Frigates and new Capital Ships within Firestorm. Otherwise, why sell three at a time?

Well, that's the thing. I could look at them and assume they were meant to cap off the dualbox, with a squad size of 5 for the cruisers/light cruisers and 4 for the others. But then the 11 frigates don't make sense. Likewise, one could make the assumption that it makes more sense to package the dualboxes in a manner sensible to bringing the stuff into Armada, like having a pair of the dualboxes make the appropriate Armada squadrons, resulting in one medium and two small squadrons for each faction, or having the Armada legal squads out of the dualbox. As it is right now, if the Reinforcement boxes are the right size, you've got a very peculiar arrangement of models wherin it takes three of the dualbox to have two full sized medium groups and two full sized small groups, plus three smalls. For a box for a ruleset meant to potentially get players to upgrade to Armada, this arrangement makes gettingbthe models for this hypothetical upgrade strangely inconvenient.

Not sure about the designs of the fleets where I already own models (Directorate and Aquan) but damn, those new Terran and Dindrenzi ships look awesome. I want those.

I love the Terran and Dindrenzi ships so will definitely be ordering the two play box for my two fleets of those, but I honestly really like those Directorate ships. Very tempted to start a fleet just to have them.

As it is right now, if the Reinforcement boxes are the right size, you've got a very peculiar arrangement of models wherin it takes three of the dualbox to have two full sized medium groups and two full sized small groups, plus three smalls. For a box for a ruleset meant to potentially get players to upgrade to Armada, this arrangement makes gettingbthe models for this hypothetical upgrade strangely inconvenient.

All speculation of course, but what if the upgraded mediums come in squadrons of 1-2 and the standard versions in 2-3? Then a dual box plus a reinforcement would give you a full squadron of each or two upgraded squadrons and one spare.

If the light frigates can be taken as accompaniements somewhere, that might similarly explain the akward 11 ships.