Bobthefat

Snake like movement, why is this in the game?

Sigh :( Tis a fair comment Avien...maybe Spartan will have to do some shows over there and win back their hearts ;)

Kickstarter is all the fashion at the moment hence why I think it did so well. It's weird because I never see Dropzone being played any more in the Midlands (UK) but Kickstarter and a few good PR pushes (Beasts of War etc) can really enhance the profile of a game. It's what we need to do!

I agree on the PR front. I find BoW seem to really push their buddies. I don't find them to be the impartial journalists they try to claim to be. With the amount of coverage they give prodos, its criminal they haven't covered the Kickstarter mess for AvP. They don't want to ruffle feathers, which I suppose is fair, but it goes against the whole idea of them being unbiased in my opinion.. But that's way off topic....

That said I am a backstager and enjoy their content.

I do think Spartan would benefit from getting their foot in the BoW door for a FSA academy style series to up the profile

Agreed Avien

Unfortunately it's unbelievably expensive to get that "favor" with them so it's a cost/return issue. Then the fact they are in Ireland so you have travel expenses, time away from the HQ to do any videos (unless they do them alone).

They did one Halo video with Neil and Derek and it got 25k views. Triple that of the average video. So I guess you could argue that in the long term it would be worth it. I certainly believe it would be.

They've made a lucrative business out of gaming and from selling their advertising to the highest bidders but it does work. Look at how it helped the profile of DZC,Infinity and a few others.

It could worth a punt for Spartan I believe.

They could try getting a Youtube presence, there are a few gaming channels on there with decent followings, maybe send review copies of Taskforce to a select few of them to get some eyes on the product? Maybe do a 'Tale of Gamers' style thing with their own Spartan Youtube channel showing the building of a fleet from patrol up with an associated office campaign.

I dunno.

We could try and get the community to write up faction specific 'getting started' guides on these forums, have them tidied up and polished, add some pretty pictures of models stuck into them and add them to the main Spartan site as a series of articles. The community emails I get occasionally with notes about tournaments, features armies, etc. are good too.

They could try getting a Youtube presence, there are a few gaming channels on there with decent followings, maybe send review copies of Taskforce to a select few of them to get some eyes on the product? Maybe do a 'Tale of Gamers' style thing with their own Spartan Youtube channel showing the building of a fleet from patrol up with an associated office campaign.

I dunno.

We could try and get the community to write up faction specific 'getting started' guides on these forums, have them tidied up and polished, add some pretty pictures of models stuck into them and add them to the main Spartan site as a series of articles. The community emails I get occasionally with notes about tournaments, features armies, etc. are good too.

I think more YouTube content is a good move. It's time consuming and doesn't get immediate comeback but in the long term it's good. I've started a FsA/PF channel up similar to the Guild Ball Informer channel and will hopefully get content up soon, it's a time and money issue at the moment.

Would I be able to provide some content?

I'm up for that! The more the merrier.

The channel is "Storm Zone Gaming" - I've got the headers and bits and pieces done but lack of time is hurting me at the moment, and I need to invest in a fairly good camera to do some content...

I'm hoping to do:

Bat Reps - 15-20min "cut versions" and then maybe some FULL bat reps!

Painting and Model guides - look at new models, show off folks painted models, tips and hints

Tactic Talk - look at model stats, how we use them and why, tactics on the field.

Force Overviews - small videos on each race and faction, trying to shed some light on them.

Tournament Previews and Reviews - the UK scene is definitely starting to pick up pace for FSA and PF so hopefully this will be a good tool to help that

Interviews - Might even get to do a walk round at Spartan HQ!

It's very much a LONG term project at the moment :lol: but I think we need something. The Guild Ball youtube channels have done an incredible amount for their game in the UK, one channel has just sold out a 126 player tournament this year!!!!