gr1mdan

Favourite Unit and Why?

To try and combat a little spate of negativity lately I'm starting up this thread to see what your favourite units in the game are and why?

I'll try get it started with a small one...

Huscarl

Love these little dudes ever since their renders came out. Even more so when I managed to get them painted and on the table! As they stand now, they are a big part of the Terran force, especially combined with the Dellingr Air Helix. They really bring the pain down on the enemies of the Alliance.

Most notable moment include taking out a Relthozian Heavy tank in one volley with some incredible rolling of 6s! (Obviously not the re-rolls!) They then went on to cap an objective for a turn before succumbing to focused fire -_-

Vidar. It is a beautiful huge tracked metal slab, which just creeps ever closer and closer until it can (hopefully) unleash its ungodly amount of AttackDice on the opponent :wub: . Oh plus it and its sibling the Tyr evokes a huge amount of GDI nostalgia in me!

Sorylian bathtub of doom with accompanying heavy infantry.

Nasty heavy transport with nasty passengers.

Most notable moment was killing 1.5 Relthozan heavy walkers with the transport and the hvy inf

Dude, you just made my evening. You know what we call them at our club? The "Death-Skip" :D I love them!

My favourite unit (and it is really difficult because with 2 exceptions I think the Sorylian model range is just plain brilliant) is the Sorylian Heavy infantry. I mean come one. Giant Lizards toting grenade launchers? awesome! of course the game rules are decent for them as well with Kill team and the new Hard target rule. 

a close second would be the Sorylian grav-bikers (I'm not calling them skiffs....) because smaller Space-Lizards. On Bikes. That hover. 

a close second would be the Sorylian grav-bikers (I'm not calling them skiffs....) because smaller Space-Lizards. On Bikes. That hover. 

Yeah I really like my biker-gangs (from space) as well. Sorylian Heavy infantry is just plain awesome.

Good question... Obviously something Aquan, but the question is which.

I think I'll go with the Haumea, she combines some serious firepower with good MARs and a nice toolkit of stuff (Can't go wrong with Nexus Designator and Target Lock...).

Mine usually gets used as a gap filler, for stopping potential enemy advances before they can close to CQB range. I've had entire squadrons of Directorate buggies (And even Tank Destroyers!) go missing after being hit by a salvo from those very nice missiles....

The El-Shami

Loved the model since seeing it Rendered, it is huge and fun to paint! 

Best moment with this guy... probably first time I used it against Spartan Derek... he killed it with Disorder & Activation Markers.... in hindsight very funny as its a perfect brand new unit syndrome! 

Aquan Leviathan Helix - El-Shami 9

Got to love new unit syndrome guys :D

What else do I like...

Odin

Whilst coming under a little bit of criticism for not being as directly powerful as the Zenian League Leviathans I love how tanky this guy can get. Literally soaking up damage that would have been directed at your squishier main force that is heading for the mid-ground. He's also very versatile and this has caught many an opponent out, especially the Shrike Cannons against the odd stray flyer!

Favourite tactic is to use him as the anvil on a flank slowly moving up pouring down range whilst the hammer moves up the centre - generally my armoured forces!

Keep them coming guys :)

Probably the Aquan Ground Attack Gunships. Scatter Pinpoint is hilarious. Also, these guys tend to kill stuff. Also, harder to kill than a cockroach. Also Sky drop. Also fast moving. 

I can usually depend on these guys to mess with my enemies battle line and survive a lot of attention. If they don't do it, the larger Heavy Gunships usually can. 

For me it has to be Nyx or Heimdals

Nyx - The nyx of old with kill team were just a case of drop them on something you truly wanted gone and enjoy the results.  Now they are not so much that way inclined however they are tough buggers and can still dish the hurt

Heimdals - I refer to them as my shielded shermans as they used to be rather mediocre until up close (IMHO) but now the fact that they are just as effective at lr as they are ef, plus the fact I can load them with nuke (love my nuke fleets from fsa) makes me rather wish I could take them as an armoured support helix.  Plus they are so nice to paint

The Charon, you have to love the idea of just dropping a small heavily armed fortress with a mess load of troops into the middle of battle and spreading disorder markers across the enemy lines from so many troops having to get a change of pants. I actually hated it for the Dindrenzi early in testing, seemed too Directorate. The Charon was originally the base only, the disc was a flying model that launched off. Some of us in the testing phase liked the render and concept of huge droppship but weren't keen on the splitting and got it changed over. The idea of a dropship with a docked flier is still interesting though, I could think of a few races that might do that.

The Charon, you have to love the idea of just dropping a small heavily armed fortress with a mess load of troops into the middle of battle and spreading disorder markers across the enemy lines from so many troops having to get a change of pants

I dropped 2 at the weekend on my opponent in 6k, 

1st one pretty much wrecked a pair of directorate core heavies on it's own and the second one did the same to the directorate command helix (didn't manage to nab the drones though)

It´s difficult choose only one haha. However, the small bugs are so lovely....

My vote for: Jabri Drone swarm

They are the Heart of Relth. They can die easily or they can kill the most powerful enemy squadron....there is no medium feeling for them. You can hate them or love them at the end of the battle.

I love them specially, because they work very good with BaKash. Novian (my second option xD) can destroy lights elements (with Anti-Personnel weapons) with it Scatter Gun and Varuko can destroy infantry easily even if the enemy infantry be into a building. So, Jabris live quiet with BaKash supporting them. And I love BaKash too :D

In one battle, four squadron died without accomplish any goal (kill something or take objectives).

However, in another battle they destroyed the only Sedna, 2 Lamanas and took the three objectives (the three squadrons). They were the only survivors in the battle in the Relth side. In that battle I learned the critical importance of taking objectives.

It last notable moment was killing Dindrezi Leviathan. The Leviathan remains only one hit and one jabri squadron was my last activation in the turn, it was a critical moment of the battle. And they didn´t fail. Imagine the bugs running into and over the giant while they destroyed it, was amazing :)

Vaxiss is very impressive too, but the bugs....I love them :D

The Relthozan battle cockcroach that is the Medium Tank (Salamas?). Solid, dependable combat unit. I had a game where a Forlorn Hope roach managed to rampage through enemy lines, wrecking an entire Aquan Med Tank Squadron before it got removed from play. Awesome ****.