Bratr

Dystopian Wars Open Online Campaign

We had a rather quiet previous week, but this one seems promising.

Quick news:  

• Sweden players has joined in to the campaign!
  • Until the end of February, we are especially encouraging to play larger battles that include the Chinese dread Zhanmnadao. The reason is to get some serious statistics to decide, whether it is such overpowered model, as some people suggest. Remember, Chinese Federation is being revised right now, so your battles and any comments you post alongside them, will help the designers!
  • 93 battles posted as of now. Who will be the 100th?

Big thank you to all who help us spread this campaign! We are honestly surprised how many reports we collected in under two months!

And as usual, some boring stats:

http://ohmcz.eu/dw/stats.php

Quick highlights:

• We have 102 battles played out so far.
  • The 100th battle was a ruthless 1250 clash between China and Black Wolf and played out in the United Kingdom. Apparently the Wolf learned not to provoke the ancient dragon, but did not give up easily at all (Narrow victory for China)
  • Eotbs and KoD are still a clearly the best factions by far (average result 2,9 rep. 2,7 out of 4 points), with the Polish, Italians, PE and RoF falling far behind with results around 2,3 - 2,0 (so the RoF are not so op as others claim them to be..).  At least 10 battles are reported for each of these nations.
  • Covenant is almost the worst performing faction, with average result of 1,4, with 29 battles played. Only China is doing worse, but with 4 battles reported I do not consider the number as relevant yet.
  • Fleets most often seen on the tables are: CoA, KoB, KoD, PE and FSA (all above 20 battles reported). Not surprisingly, only 2 battles reported for East India, Ottomans and Roayal Australians. 

Thanks again for all your posted battles, I hope you guys have as much fun playing as I do reading your reports :-)

Dystopian Wars Online Campaign goes on!
New issue of Swiss Finnacial Times is on and also we got the first campaign event!

Battle of Malta!
We started the first event in this campaign for you to directly change the storyline in the Swiss Financial Times. The battle of Malta has started and it is up to you how it will end. Will Imperial Bond capture this British foothold in Mediterranean?
If there will be at least 10 battles between Imperial Bond fleets and Grand Coalition Fleets reported in Mediterranean by the 25. March 2016 the Malta will be occuied by the side that score more victory points in the campaign. And of course the result will be focus of the next Swiss Financial Times issue.
To report battles please use: http://http://ohmcz.eu/dw/reportc.php

Also the new issue of Swiss Financial Times:
2016.03.08-1.jpg

2016.03.08-2.jpg

2016.03.08-3.jpg

Staaaaaats!

http://ohmcz.eu/dw/stats.php

almost 40 new battles posted! Well, a lot from the Czech tournament ;-)

A lot of games posted with the new Minor nations, so I filtered the date filter to show only battles after 3.March 2016 so that you can check out how they are managing with new rules. But feel free to play with the filter as you want.

Kingdom of Danemark still rules, Ottomans moved from the bottom to the middle... You'll see.

Thanks to all who keep on posting battles!

Oh, one more thing - we see quite a lot of people that posted battle once or twice, then stopped. I was wondering why - could all of you drop me a note with very quick feedback? 

Like:

- no time to play

- I play, but I am too lazy to post the results

- the page for posting is too complicated

- I dont like your stats/ campaign and stop bothering me!

Just to say great idea and implementation! One query - on the Campaign Stats I didn't see a row/column for Free Australia. Was this due to no reported battles or an oversight?

Thanks in advance.

Hi

Nobody reported a battle yet. But I hadn´t seen the latest data.

Thanks Bratr, I thought I sent in a report for Free Australia vs Kingdom of Britannia last week but may not have hit the submit button. I have resubmitted so you mayfind you have a duplicate engagement report. Cheers.

Sebenko,

Thanks for the feedback. You are not the only one :-) I plan to do the page more responsive and simplier, but I just do not have time to do it :-(

Thanks Bratr, I thought I sent in a report for Free Australia vs Kingdom of Britannia last week but may not have hit the submit button. I have resubmitted so you mayfind you have a duplicate engagement report. Cheers.

The stats only show posted battles, so if a faction is not shown, no battles were reported. If you posted a battle recently, you probably just have to wait until I have time to update all the charts :-)

I submitted a couple of reports for the pride of the Covenant (and because my last couple of games went extremely well). I had scripts disabled on the page, are they required for a successful submission?

Sebenko, I will have a look for your recent Covenant battles and if I do not find them, I will sent you an email. In general, the form is very simple, running only in html and php, no javascript, so your battles should be posted even with scripts disabled.

ALL - if you submit a battle successfuly, you should be redirected to a page saying so. 

battle_submitted.jpg?ver=0

If you don't see such a page, nothing was posted into the database. The form checks for basic errors like typing letters where numbers should be, but it is not super smart, since I am no real programmer :-)

Edited by ohm

Moonhare, you did submit properly the first time, I found your duplicate posting and manually removed it. 

New statistics posted, guys! 

Big thanks to everyone, now we have 166 battles reported since beginning of this year, which is awesome!

I added a new chart that better shows how each faction performs over time. Ottoman's rise after new Orbats is especially striking now. 

Just check out: http://ohmcz.eu/dw/stats.php and feel free to play with the filters as you want.

If you have any idea for a new chart based on the reported data, just drop me a note. I dont understand why it took me so long to come up with such a simple, yet interesting chart like the new one :-)

Well if you exclude Canada as they're not naval which I suspect the majority of games posted are, the grand coalition occupy 4 of the bottom 6 positions in the table...and there's one bond nation down there. It's all very subjective though. Quality of the opposition, fleet builds, friendly/gaming environment. All factors that you can't really build in. Even people reporting/not reporting. Personally I'm not sure how the French are so far down...

Cheers for doing these though guys. It feels a bit more of a worldwide contest the way it's being done. We must battle for the honour of our nations!!

I looked at the stats and I think all five of my battles against the RC were actually submitted, which is also throwing off the average for CoA by a fair margin. I definitely only saw a successful submission page for two of them, not all five.

Would it be possible to see user names for some of these battles? For example, one of my opponents isn't that great with RC, so I might want to filter out any battles between me and him. It would also let me confirm if this submission confusion is correct.

A note on the CoA's performance: Filtering out my crushing of the RC (entirely my opponent's inexperience, I can't claim my usual strategic and tactical brilliance on that one), the CoA average is only 1.5, as is the RoF. It's every odd to see the supposedly top tier fleets doing so poorly. What I think it does show is that one or two competent players can throw off the perception of a fleet (though these numbers are starting to make me doubt myself- it seems I am surrounded by incompetents, as is the case with any good mad scientist). It also makes me feel that the drone nerfs were too harsh, and that they need to be rethought, especially since we have so many carriers and so few of them are actually worth taking (Keplers).