We're moving to Discord!

Come join in the discussion here!

You can also still find out all the latest news on TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to welcoming you shortly.

The Warcradle Team

afterimagedan

Aquans vs Nyx Problems

Had a great game yesterday at 2500pts. It ended 10/0, Dindrenzi victory. It literally came down to 2 successes to too few for Aquans needed to actually win the game.

I think the struggle for the Aquans was dealing with the Nyx squads. Honestly, in a city setting, having those crystals make it so much fun evading the Dindrenzi skimmers and getting flank/aft shots. It was awesome. Any advice on dealing with Nyx in a building?

For dealing with ANY infantry I think our options are relatively limited.

We have the Leviathan that could chuck a lot of dice at them (Target Lock) lots of 3+ Anti-Infantry, and lots of 5+ Titan Lasers.

The Iophon, which of course brings our own Drones to mop up the units after shooting

Imzani's for their Anti-Infantry.

And of coures the Khitari shoal with an Officer, to shoot 12 AD of Anti-Infantry weapons first before charging in to take the objective off them. Team up with a Larata transport for some extra AD you should be able to shift them out of the building. 

In honesty against the Dindrenzi I just dont put models into buildings until the Nyx have arrived, that and Overwatch to try and keep them out of the building really. 

I tend to try and provide other juicy targets for them to drop in and kill to allow my Anti-Infantry weapons to get in range and deal with them, but its not ideal at all. 

The question was specifically Nyx in a building though, which you AP weapons help, but don't remove how harder Nyx and Heavy Infantry overall can become in a building once they get that Cover [2] save. Out in the open Nyx are relatively easy enough for anyone to deal with, once they get into a building it can be abit more of a headache... Honestly, I do wonder why there isn't more AP/Barrage weapons for some people, is a lot of weapons that are either AP OR Barrage but that just means you either remove their cover save, but they remain hard to hit, or you remove their HT, but they get a decent cover save. Should there be maybe more AP/Barrage weapons kicking about? Only ones I can think of off the top of my head are Hawker Shredder Cannons and Dindrenzi Flambard Coil Launchers?

Looking at some of the chats in other threads, people would have even less reason to be in a building if there are too many AP / Barrage weapons around. 

Additionally the best way to remove Nyx from a building is to stop them getting into the building in the first place, the other option of course is to spend a Logistic point on any unit in your Primary and keep them on overwatch, will only cost 2/3 throughout the entire game and should help you keep them out, or at least deplete them so much they cannot hold the objective. 

I don't like the idea of Aquans getting Barrage weapons, it feels too much like MAR creep... like when it seems every one else in the game is getting pinpoint when that was originally our thing. It'd feel too much like all armies are getting too close to one another and i'd rather maintain the unique feel to the armies. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.