Zebo

Meaning of Sectored Armour in Flying Vehicles

I don't understand the utility of having the Sectored Armour MAR in Flying Vehicles if they, like the Infantry, are they not affected for the Aft and Flank DR modificatio .

Anybody finds the sense?

Maybe I'm not being clear.

Flying vehicles don't need the Sectored Armour MAR. They already are inmune to DR loss for flanks and aft just for being flying. But the Ground Attack flyers received the Sectored Armour MAR.

Or the rules change, and all the flyers loose their aft/flank protection, keeping them only those with Sectored Armour, or all the flying vehicles get the Sectored Armour MAR, or I'm missing something.

As Zeph says, fairly sure all Flyers (or at least most) will be getting Sectored Armour, and the Flying immunity to Flank shots will vanish. Would be the cleanest way to implement the Aerial Interceptors Dogfighter Special Rule without screwing around too much. :)

Even without that, the second line of Dogfighter still means they ignore the Flying immunity.  ^_^ 

"Flying Target models may therefore suffer Flanking or Rear penalties to their Damage Rating when attacked by a Dogfighter!"

I believe the intention of Dogfighter is to negate the perk that fliers get on p107

Models with the Flying LoS Class, Infantry (both types) or with the Sectored Armour MAR are never affected by Flank or Aft Attacks.

Since this is obviously not a secret anymore and I'm already outed as a playtester: 

The line you're quoting Specky in reference to fliers is being removed, It's easier for beginning players to drop the rule in the book and tag fliers with Sectored Armour than to continue with that one line reference. It also allows a bit more flexibility in design, aka having lighter armoured craft or much heavier and slower models that need the ability to hover over the battlefield. Focus on getting models and their ORBATs out is the main plan at the moment, it'd be nice to drop a few more races before 2.0. 2.0 and possibly a 1.5 FAQ will remove the 'no flank or aft' rule. For the moment, Rule As Written is technically that ALL fliers have no flank or aft, unless fired upon by dogfighter models. Rule As Intended (now) and rule as it will be, fliers no longer natively have that protection without Sectored Armour. In other words, a tournament you have to use that line for now in the rulebook but in casual play you may as well ignore it.