Sign in to follow this  
Sniddy

CQB from buildings

I just want to clarify

Can you initiate CQB while occupying a building 

Nothing saying you can't.

Only thing I can find is on p71 - "Remember that ll Infantry models within a building measure their Range and Line of Sight from the building itself rather from (than) their individual bases." Tends to suggest that they can still fire and the like from buildings.

Pretty much yes, they can still initiate CQB from a building, using the building as the footprint for measuring etc. All bases/models are counted as being from the same point, so if something drifted within 4" of your occupied building, chose not to initiate CQB itself, you may then call to initiate CQB upon it. Remember you can only initiate 1 CQB each turn, you may retaliate to as much CQB as people initiate on your units, but each unit can only initiate itself once a turn. Also any damage done to your occupying model is taken from highest DR first to lowest, with equal DR ratings being your choice who takes damage first IIRC.

From the digitial rulebook, page 76:

• ❯❯ A Model Occupying a Building gains a Cover Save of 2 [RED] Dice per Model under threat.
  • ❯❯ A Squadron Occupying a Building uses ANY point on the Building’s base for the purposes of determining Range or Line of Sight.
  • ❯❯ Likewise, any attacks against a Squadron occupying a Building use ANY point on the Building’s base to determine Range and Line of Sight to the target.
  • ❯❯ Infantry occupying a building that has an Objective attached to it supersede any Light Reconnaissance Tanks that might be attempting to claim the Objective for the purposes of Scoring.

Pretty much yes, they can still initiate CQB from a building, using the building as the footprint for measuring etc. All bases/models are counted as being from the same point, so if something drifted within 4" of your occupied building, chose not to initiate CQB itself, you may then call to initiate CQB upon it. Remember you can only initiate 1 CQB each turn, you may retaliate to as much CQB as people initiate on your units, but each unit can only initiate itself once a turn. Also any damage done to your occupying model is taken from highest DR first to lowest, with equal DR ratings being your choice who takes damage first IIRC.

Nothing in the rulebook (or digital that I can see) about how casualties are removed from infantry in a building, so I think at the moment its player choice, although some may want to play that its highest or lowest DR first.

I would advise declaring the target priority so that your opponenent knows what DR he/she needs to beat.