Alverstar

New Player Questions

Hey Guys, 

Some friends and myself have taken advantage of the recent deals to finally break into FSA.

Now im taking the Directorate side of RotO and while I am waiting for it to be delivered I was going to look into lists, but I cant find any rules/ stats for the bulk of the models in the box:

Anarchist BS

Turmoil R&D Cruisers

Annihilation Gunships

Im guessing they are only found within the starter set?

Once I have them, can they be used within normal lists/ games of FSA?

Also I brought the Cruiser box is this a good addition to start with?

Many Thanks, 

Alverstar

Also I brought the Cruiser box is this a good addition to start with?

. Yes, because Heavy Cruisers are extremely good for 240 points. The Cruisers are good too, but will often be overlooked due to all the other Tier 2 options you have. Just remember they're your cheapest Tier 2.

At some point you'll probably want to pick up the Frigate and Drone group, so you can play at the 800+ point level. You may also find you love the Drones' Assault Robot Torpedos.

Welcome to The Directorate :) you have just purchased yourself one of the best Battleships in the game. Congratulations! The cruiser box set is definitely needed although deciding to go heavy or normal cruisers is a big decision. Pretty much every one of our ships is useful in its own way. There are no real weak links.

I highly suggest you magnetise your cruisers using 3x1mm rare earth magnets, that way you can field whichever combination suits your needs (not to mention maximizing profit, this is the Directorate after all! ;))

I can also second the purchase of the Frigate and Drone box.

When you are ready to expand beyond the Patrol Fleet level, I cannot recommend our Battlecruisers enough. A pair of Deterrent's working in tandem with your Gunships will be awesome!

hey there, i wanted to reply because i came in exactly the same way.

i got the new 2p box with a friend, loved directorate (shooting down jellyfish all day)

the stats are in the box but there are also other resources. i would recommend using battlescribe roster editor for making lists and reference sheets.

the 2p starter ships get you a great force. for purchases after, i would echo the others.

-i picked up 1 additional tormentor r&d because i love the feel of those. just to round out a possible max squadron of 3.

-heavy cruiser box was my next go, i love them! i didnt magnetize them but thats a great idea. i love my turret lasers but those gun racks shell out dice.
-i have the battlecruiser box of 2 on the way, those look like such solid ships
-this thread has now convinced me to get for the drone box :P

i've played about 5 games now and having a blast, good luck!

hey there, i wanted to reply because i came in exactly the same way.

i got the new 2p box with a friend, loved directorate (shooting down jellyfish all day)

the stats are in the box but there are also other resources. i would recommend using battlescribe roster editor for making lists and reference sheets.

the 2p starter ships get you a great force. for purchases after, i would echo the others.

-i picked up 1 additional tormentor r&d because i love the feel of those. just to round out a possible max squadron of 3.

-heavy cruiser box was my next go, i love them! i didnt magnetize them but thats a great idea. i love my turret lasers but those gun racks shell out dice.

-i have the battlecruiser box of 2 on the way, those look like such solid ships

-this thread has now convinced me to get for the drone box :P

i've played about 5 games now and having a blast, good luck!

If you picked up RotO, that box comes with Turmoil R&D cruisers. The other R&D cruiser is the Tormentor class. They aren't the same model, and have different rules. For one, the Tormentors can accompany the Overseer / Dominance, the Turmoils cannot.

If you got a single Tormentor Blister, first good for you those are hard to find, and second just grab the new Tormentor box set and a carrier. That way you can field a full squad of Tormentors and a 2 ship carrier squad or have enough for a full carrier squad and potentially a second if you decide to grab a second carrier for large games. (They're fraking awesome so... yeah :D)