We're moving to Discord!

Come join in the discussion here!

You can also still find out all the latest news on TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to welcoming you shortly.

The Warcradle Team

Nicholas

Which of the new Dreadnaught robots do you like the most?

Maybe its our huge...

Wait for it...

Industrial base...

Our enormous. ..

Wait for it.

Population.

Or it could be our food. We have lots of it, and plenty of room to grow it to sell to the Brits, but not the Frogs, Jerry's, or ****. And just wait till we finish conquering the Hawaiian Islands so we can corner the market on pineapple.

And now I have a vision of a Windsor having its guns loaded up with canned pineapples. 

Definitely didn't get enough sleep last night

I hope that some one will use the new dreadnought robots to make a diorama of a football match over some trench lines. It bring the right Christmas mood.

Diorama of American bot using his hammer as a ice hockey stick against a Swarog robotwith his axe´s as goal keeper would be also nice.. But there will be no Christmas reference..

Love the EoBS one the most (model wise). What bugs me is how much they rise above the sea on the "wading" base in comparison with the Metzger (that in land version is almost same height as Hochmeister (yes, quite anal retentive, but still... :D ).

Speaking of giant stompy robots, did you know this short 3D movie?

Love the EoBS one the most (model wise). What bugs me is how much they rise above the sea on the "wading" base in comparison with the Metzger (that in land version is almost same height as Hochmeister (yes, quite anal retentive, but still... :D ).

I imagine that the difference is that Metzger can "swim" and go out into the deep blue sea, while the Dreadbot has to stay close enough to the shore due to it not having the necessary propellors or bouyancy aids that Metzger does.

Besides, Its meant for Land Combat way more than Naval Combat

1. Coeus, without a doubt. Slanted armour to help deflect shells, a nice low center of gravity, and the way it fights is a pretty awesome concept.

2. Windsor. It's got nice big feet so that it won't sink into the ground, and four of them. Those cannons are very big and would likely carry plenty of kickback, but it looks like this squat robot could handle it. And, is it just me, or does it seem like it should have the Sharpshooter MAR?

3. The FSA robot whos name escapes me. Mostly because it looks like Liberty Prime.

4. The Hochmeister. Now, I'm not a big fan of the traditional giant robot design. It's got a high center of gravity, it would get knocked over easily, and if it ever tried to walk into the sea it's smaller feet would cause it to sink right into the mud. But I like this one mostly because of the knight-in-shining-armour vibe.

5. Madame Liberte. I'm sorry, but I really don't like the idea of the statue of liberty turned into a big war machine, being ferried around on a hoverpad. It just... really doesn't look good.

6. Svarog. It's simply an ugly looking model in my opinion, and is plagued by the issues of giant robots I mentioned above.

7. That... Samurai. This is the single most unlikeable thing Spartan has ever produced (in my humble opinion). Not only is it plagued by the aforementioned issues with giants, but this one would have them even more, to the point where it may sink through the dirt on solid ground. I would like to draw your attention to the great number of absurd samurai decorations. Not only are the things like the armour-skirt and flags and other such decor a waste of resources, but they also serve no practical purpose and they only add to the weight of the thing! A solid hit would send it tipping over, and it would be so heavy that it may well sink right through a patch of loose dirt with those skinny feet.

I like a lot of the dread-bots.  Maybe not so much on the table (haven't been on either side of that yet), but I think many of them are cool looking.  My biggest complaint with them though is that they are too expensive.  They make GW's prices seem reasonable.  It is just way too much for a single model.  I know resin is more expensive than other things, and the startup costs are too high with plastics, but for what you're actually getting (and the end result is all that matters to me, not whether or not it is made of metal or plastic or resin) it is one large (but not exceptionally large) model.  Considering how reasonably priced everything else is, it just seems out of line.  They are the same price as an entire Battle Group, and about 50% more than the support boxes.  They are 2.5x more expensive than the other massive models (when those models are purchased alone rather than in a group).

I like a lot of the dread-bots.  Maybe not so much on the table (haven't been on either side of that yet), but I think many of them are cool looking.  My biggest complaint with them though is that they are too expensive.  They make GW's prices seem reasonable.  It is just way too much for a single model.  I know resin is more expensive than other things, and the startup costs are too high with plastics, but for what you're actually getting (and the end result is all that matters to me, not whether or not it is made of metal or plastic or resin) it is one large (but not exceptionally large) model.  Considering how reasonably priced everything else is, it just seems out of line.  They are the same price as an entire Battle Group, and about 50% more than the support boxes.  They are 2.5x more expensive than the other massive models (when those models are purchased alone rather than in a group).

Are they 2.5x as big as the other massive models?