Nicholas

Which of the new Dreadnaught robots do you like the most?

Now that all of the upcoming big bots for the core nations have been revealed, which one do you like the most, in terms of looks? 

1) Hochmeister
2) Ayakashi

3) Coeus

4) Madame Liberte

5) Windsor

6) Restitution

7) Svarog

Who wins the popularity contest? :D 

Windsor, the forum-coined term "Mobile Oppression Palace" is now the way my gaming group talks about it.

Actually that was from Futurama, and I believe the first time it was used the picture that it came from was shown.

The Coeus and Mobile Oppression Palace are easily the best in my eyes.

I don't much care for the others although I disagree with the majority about the Svarog, which I think fits the general theme of the russians nicely.

The french one though.... I guess the KoB did it first, mounting st pauls Cathedral on a landship, but the french have really taken it too far. No sense of restraint.

Hochmeister is ok though.

I like the Hochmeister the best in regards I think it makes the most sense to be seen on the table top fluff wise (what else are those templar doing the winter?)

----

The Ayakashi on looks alone - that thing is awesome as hell.

----

the others are all slightly "meh" in their own way to me, I think that the M.O.P. is the most unique of the rest, but I don't plan on getting one for my KoBer.

NONE, but if I had to pick it would be the Windsor as it has guns. Even though they appear to be loaded from the top mounted magazine which will be a pain to change to say the least.

An airship with some cranes and it'll be easy :D  

For models I like the Windsor the most and the Liberty second.  All the rest I'm not really that fond of.  No idea on game play though, especially since we don't have rules for some of them.

Overall I'm not a big fan of the robot mechanics, and they don't really go with what I'm looking for in the game.  If I wanted a game where everyone has guns except one guy that runs up and hits things with axes, well there are other game systems for that.  And Battletech is my game of choice for big walking robots.  With the table top genre continuing to grow and expand and more and more competitors around I think it is a very good idea to pick a design focus and actually focus on it.  You can't make a game system that is everything to everyone because someone can always make one aspect better by focusing on that niche.  So pick your niche and go with it. 

Perfect! Could be an awesome diorama build  :)

Alternately a modified lend-lease John Henry might be enough.

Hmmm, why is Britannia depending on the FSA here?

Maybe its our huge...

Wait for it...

Industrial base...

Our enormous. ..

Wait for it.

Population.

Or it could be our food. We have lots of it, and plenty of room to grow it to sell to the Brits, but not the Frogs, Jerry's, or ****. And just wait till we finish conquering the Hawaiian Islands so we can corner the market on pineapple.