Sign in to follow this  
Nicius

Dreadnought mobile fortification statue

Given how powerful those suspensors have to be to keep that floating it would dig a mighty fine ditch were that to happen. 

Here's a thought.  Since it has no boarding ability visible it should a nice large IR - along of the lines of 12-15.  Naw, that would give this monstrosity a use.

Hopefully we will get Spartan to recall the model soon, and then get something that is actually fitting for the French rather than a dreadbot or whatever... THAT... is.  

I second the giant cheese wheel being less insulting than this, though.  It should have godly stats so that we can pair it with the whine of all the other nations.   :P

Ok. so my mate who plays French does not like the floating Statue of Liberty - however he likes land based games and the idea of robots and such....

So is there an alternative model that could be used to represent such a thing instead of the SG one?

Any ideas?

I was looking for an alternative model myself as well, but I haven't found anything suitable yet. If you want to go the walker route,  maybe one of the Warmachines Warjacks or one of the Grim dark companies dreadnoughts?

So far I'm having no luck finding anything that could fit for a reasonable price. Maybe convert a Vauban (although pricey).

Not sure how the rest of the world sees the U.S. but I'm sorry to say this model is way-way-way too Cliché.  It pulls DW a few steps towards wacky-cartoony and away from plausible Steam powered SciFi.  I would've much preferred an original model to an over played stereotype.  Otherwise a technically well produced and solid model, I know a talented artist spent time & effort on it, just think it would've been better applied in another direction.  

The first time I saw a picture of Madame Liberté, I made a genuine facepalm reaction, not due to disappointment, but because of the sheer comical nature of the miniature. It is by far the most wacky of the lot. I do not mind wackiness at all, though I cannot refrain from frowning whenever I see it. ;) I think the idea is pretty original (more original than the Hochmeister, Ayakashi or the Retribution, at least). It's supposed to be a symbol of the nation and the lady here plays that role rather splendidly. I mean, what was the alternative? A gigantic Fleur-de-Lys mounted on top of a floating device? Okay, there is the anachronism, but hey, it's an alternative history, so I guess we can leave that up to SG.

Stat-wise, I'm expecting some similarities to what the Coeus got for the Antarcticans: A ridiculously powerful heat lance (possibly more) compared to the other models. AA should be pretty high, as well. :ph34r:

12605298_1058504960886050_67056033207145

Aw, poor lady liberty, looks like she is crying whilst she has an itchy right ear and is trying to scratch it with her shoulder without breaking pose. Excellent camouflage against cliff faces though.