Nicius

Dreadnought mobile fortification statue

I don't understand why the torch isn't modeled horizontally, like it's being aimed at a target. It would look a great deal more realistic if done that way.

It would be pretty easy just to fix it in the horizontal with a bit of greenstuff to make the robes drape like that. Though the point is that its a statue that has been repurposed. Still its quite absurd, we already have a floating fortress in the Vauban, why couldn't we have something cool like the **** or something intimidating like the Brits?

I don't understand why the torch isn't modeled horizontally, like it's being aimed at a target. It would look a great deal more realistic if done that way.

From the renders,  you can see the arm either pivots, or at least is capable of being positioned at multiple angles. Without model in hand or talking to  the sculptor, I can't be more specific.

While I think the idea is interesting its ultimately too 'wacky' to work for me - which has made it quite a disappointment :(

I might consider buying one to convert by pulling the statue off (giving me a neat scenery piece) but I'll likely just convert a vauban (which would also be much cheaper).

Dear Spartan - I love the look of the Prussian/US/CoA/Brit & Blazing Sun dread walkers but is it too late to reconsider the design of french (and russian) ones?

I'm dissapointed that they went in this direction honestly.  Not from the looks of the model but  mostly from a historian standpoint.  I realize this is very much an alternate history but IRL the statue of liberty was not even commisioned or designed until 1876... Three years after the current timelime.  They were going to go the giant staute route surely one of Napoleon would have been better.

My initial reaction: I was stunned as in a joke. I laughed.

My wife, who is barely conscious of Dystopian Wars, considered it profane and vetoed it.

After a while I considered it no more than a bit silly.

Unless it has some stupendous stats i won't be getting it. Then again, I probably won't get any Dreadbot.

Nor would I be inclined to play against one. Not digging 'em. 

The old bots didn't bother me much.

And just to be perverse, I like the FSA bot the best, (or dislike it the least.).