Retired_Admin

BLOG DISCUSSION: Madame Liberté

Yeah, I think its got great conversion potential, but dont care for it much myself.

What really, really bugs me is the grainy way shes stapled together and how theres a weird divit halfway up the statue for no reason I can tell. Considering the alternative technological advances, and how well done the real world statue of liberty is..... it just seems incongruous and half done.

What really, really bugs me is the grainy way shes stapled together and how theres a weird divit halfway up the statue for no reason I can tell. Considering the alternative technological advances, and how well done the real world statue of liberty is..... it just seems incongruous and half done.

The divit I believe is where the top would rotate compared to the bottom, so she could turn and shoot her heat lance without the base having to turn. 

But I do agree with the plates not looking right.  Those bolt patterns make no sense at all given her construction.  Especially given the fact that her robe is three dimensional and having plates done like that just wouldn't work. 

It didn't really occur to me until now, but it is probably true with a lot of the models, given the scale those bolts would have to be mostly the size of a person, and that just doesn't make any sense either.

You miss the point, the giant Samurai and Centipede look really cool. A floating statue looks retarded.

To you maybe. Your opinion. Not fact.

I think both the giant Samurai and it's friends look very silly, and somewhat out of place in DW, whereas Madame Liberté and the Windsor both look amazing.

It's definitely a love/hate relationship for this model. Personally I don't like the statue but do like the base it's on so I'm getting it and modeling my own top piece for it like a hovering fortress instead of a floating icon.

With the statue piece itself I will try to convert it into a separate fortification model or terrain piece for homemade scenarios.

Ya know thinking about it. for a statue made in a reality where you can have tanks bigger than a football stadium driving around with no issues, that statue is kinda puny. i feel like the french could of and would of made something way more significant.

from what wiki is telling me. it was gifted from France to the union as they both were against slavery which IIRC was different in dystopian wars. off the top of my head wasn't both sides of the civil war against slavery and instead fought for something different.?

so the premises of France making the thing in the first place would be kinda out of place no?

otherwise maybe im missing my timing and the construction was started way before the sturginium technology.

Amusingly enough, in thinking it over, the french have - given the technologies available - created what might be the most practical robot of them all.

1) It uses skimmer movement - thus it does not have to worry about getting bogged down due to its downward pressure not being spread over enough surface area.

2) The heaviest parts of the mechanism are all in the lowest part - giving it a low center of gravity, and thus excellent ballance.

3) It has ONE point of articulation - Yes, that's a feature.  It means only ONE joint to armour, and thicker armour over the rest of it.  The torch arm raises and lowers for elevation - and the rest of aiming is taken care of by rotating the entire system.  Fewer mechanisms under strain, fewer places to fail.

The evidence in the images is only for the arm, not the twisting torso - That being said, the addtion of such would allow for the Liberte to move in one direction, fire in another - the upper half of the statue just becomes a very large turret then :)