We're moving to Discord!

Come join in the discussion here!

You can also still find out all the latest news on TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to welcoming you shortly.

The Warcradle Team

FragEmAll

Directorate Battlestation Issues

Good evening everyone.

Quick question - how on earth are you meant to attach the plastic legs/wings or whatever you call them to the Battlestation? They don't fit flush with the resin unless you press them and each time I have pressed them the legs have snapped.

Can someone who has assembled one give me some tips before I launch it into the nearest waste bin?

Just FYI i now only have 1 unsnapped leg, and it seems that the plastic doesn't stick to the resin anyway. Would you all suggest nail gun, or arc welder for my next attempt?

Hi,

it was a nightmare...pure nightmare. When I snapped my first leg I just resignated and glued them the best I could. If you have the option let someone lasercut better ones for you. If you don't then you are in hell my friend. I glued mines to the top half as the bottoms are hardly seen anyway. I am using gel superglue and it worked ok, just needed more time to hold them in place. If I were you I would glue the tops and then glue the snapped bottoms using stuff to seal the broken part. I have done this with my broken leg and you almost can't recognise it. I also suggest you put the station on a base otherwise you risk snapping those legs again...

I just ordered Kedorians...really afraid of them after my experience with Firewall...

Yup it's a nightmare. I still haven't painted mine and I got it with the 2.0 preorder deal....

I ended up breaking all of mine and gluing the tops and bottoms separately. I've got to do some green stuff work to clean them up though because they still didn't line up perfectly. I'm going to try and mould some docking ports or something to try and cover up the joins. Well eventually... :/

IT HELD TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently the trick is to score the hell out of the plastic that you are gluing with a modelling knife. Haven't got the courage to pop those little hollow bits out though - will probably snap everything off lol.

On to undercoating now - and what do you know? the paint isn't falling off the plastic as i feared. Looks like FRaG.Inc will soon have a corporate base ;)

I have a picture of the bottom of my station somewhere in the hobby forum.  I could dig it out if you'd like.  I snapped one of the legs and in hind sight I wish I had just cut the rest of them to put the bottom parts of the struts flush against the station.  All of my struts but one aren't flush with the station... BUT you really don't notice it since the thing is at waist level on most tables.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.