Grim110

CoA land based games

I haven't played any armoured core games yet but am intending to do so soon.

Having looked over the CoA land based options I'm not too impressed and was seeking any and all advice from anyone willing to give it!

Mostly I'm debating if I should add a few aerial units and what I should use as a carrier (armoured, aerial or fortification)

Don't compare armoured stats to naval ones - you won't be facing naval forces!

Covenant land stuff is perfectly good. I'd start with the armoured starter box, and work from there.

One distinguishing feature is the high proportion of robots- this can be used to make your force virtually immune to prizing. Also, don't forget the Arronorax is a burrower, so is almost impossible to stop...

One easy aerial addition are mine-layers- on land they can be very, very useful- funnel games with PAs are a good way to give your opponent a selection of undesirable choices!

James

The Herodotus mobile air field is probably our best air unit. Just point the PA in a a choke point between 2 land and watch your opponent go the long way around. skorpios are great but expensive. I like Flanking our regular medium and small tanks to get into the fight quicker. As for carriers online the mobile air field is great on land. If you have a couple awesome if not use what you have and use an epi to snipe in the back. Euclid currently i see as a rock that stays in my box every game so dont bother. The Archimedes can be a good brawler and sniper. Just cover it so i doesnt take too much damage.