Sign in to follow this  
AVelie

Leviathan CQB situation

Leviathan (ODIN) is charged by 4x stands of infantry. One stand makes it into base to base, but the other three are within 4".  Obviously I have to fight with the one base using my 5AD attack, but can I roll my 12AD attack against the three within 4"?

Can a Leviathan declare CQB against a unit within 4" if a model from another unit is in Base to Base with it? If so, do I have to fight with the b2b model also?

Just catching up on some questions. thanks guys

r/-Adam

Leviathan (ODIN) is charged by 4x stands of infantry. One stand makes it into base to base, but the other three are within 4".  Obviously I have to fight with the one base using my 5AD attack, but can I roll my 12AD attack against the three within 4"?

Can a Leviathan declare CQB against a unit within 4" if a model from another unit is in Base to Base with it? If so, do I have to fight with the b2b model also?

Just catching up on some questions. thanks guys

r/-Adam

Delboy (aka Spartan Derek) answered this one a while back: http://community.spartangames.co.uk/index.php?/topic/13603-leviathan-cqb/?p=246629

I sent a message to Delboy asking about this;

I asked;

"If a Leviathan is in base contact with an enemy model, MUST the Leviathan use it’s Leviathan CQB against that model, or can it choose to use its normal CQB against other models in the enemy Squadron?"

He answered;

"The Leviathan can choose which of its stats to use. The Leviathan CQB stat is a focused attack of sorts as it can only affect the model in base contact (an so can be more powerful as a result). The General CQB stat is more....well..... general in its nature and so can affect the entire target squadron."

Interesting. Just to be clear...does that mean I can choose to roll my 12AD attack against the squadron (including the one in b2b)?  Using the target priority rules, wouldn't my opponent have to pull the base in contact if I do enough dmg to kill at least one base?