AVelie

TAC Cards

When do you declare the card, apply to a unit, and pay the cost? Beginning of the turn (when you select it) or in the middle of the turn (whenever it is used). If options #2, if  you never have to use it, do you still pay for it? Do you have to "buy it back" to use again the next turn?

You pay the cost in step 2 of the TAC phase, per p. 61 of the digital rulebook:

2. Playing TACs

During this part of the TAC Segment, you may play ONE Tactical Action Card from your hand. The card is placed face down in front of you and then all cards are turned over. These cards then INCREASE the Zero Hour Tracker of the relevant Commander by the Play Cost listed in the bottom right corner of the card and are resolved SIMULTANEOUSLY.

So you pay for it when you put it down and reveal it.

Commanders,

this is Adama. We are under heavy enemy fire (I'm in a middle of a game with a friend) and a big problem arises: we are in the tac phase and the we play SIMULTANEOUSLY the TAC but how do you handle this when you have to choose a squadron to apply the bonus given by the TAC? This because we both have to choose a squadron and the decision of my enemy depends on to which squadron I choose.

Thanks Commanders!

I don't know that it's covered in the rulebook, but it seems to me it's intended that you decide which unit is getting the effect at the same time you decide which card to play. If necessary, each player could secretly right down which unit is getting the effect, and then reveal simultaneously. 

Otherwise an opposed tactics test I guess. Or if you are sticklers write it down on a piece of paper to make up your mind before you flip.

We usually throw the card down next to the unit. But yeh I guess if you throw down before your opponent he/she might guess what you're doing