What do you want in a bat rep?

We all know tons of pics. But I'm thinking:

Picture of each force

Picture of the Terran set up

Picture of completed deployment both sides

Picture of sds both sides

Completed recon moves

Then each activation a picture of where that unit ended and what damage it did

End of each full turn a quick update of the TV.

I'd really like input because I want to create some great enjoyable bat reps that really put people in the game.

Suggestions please community:) I'm thinking I could probably get a couple up a week at a push

No I asked exactly what I meant to.... Why would I want to see game system bat reps that I potentially have no idea about.

I'm looking for specific input on planet fall

When I can get the picture upload situation sorted I want to get a load up :)

I think Ryjak is asking YOU to post your favourite battle reports. then ask people to copy.

I for one do not have time to do that for every report and will stick to the numbers...

No I don't think he is. Lol.

I just wanted people's opinions of what they like to see in a bat rep.

So that when I can get my image issues sorted I can start posting a ton :-)

That's all I'm after. I just outlined my general structure of what my bat reps may be to get opinions on it.

So do people like a ton of pictures

In-depth descriptions?

Narrative based ?

Probabilities and stats?

I'm just after a General feel of what the community wants in a bat rep lol.

No I asked exactly what I meant to.... Why would I want to see game system bat reps that I potentially have no idea about?

I just wanted people's opinions of what they like to see in a bat rep.

So which is it? :P

Hopefully the Internet is not swallow my comments again…

I have read many good Battle reports which did not include a single photo; the author simply turned the game events into an effective narrative story anyone could rain. However, these types of reports do not improve my gameplay.

If you want to improve someone's gameplay, you need game data, so you can capture the basics of what happened. However, what really matters is the Why. Why was this Army list built? What is the intended strategy? Why did you deploy this way? Why did you win? or lose?

I think your mis understanding.

I want both. I don't want to see bat reps of people's games

p

I want to know what the community looksfor in a good planetfall batt rep? So I can create some that people can enjoy

b

I'm not sure how to be clearer. :s

Somone help me out here lol

Personally, i like lots of clear good quality pictures that show large areas of the battlefield so you can see how units are interacting. If you have the software, diagrams are often useful. If something is hard to describe, then a picture with an arrow drawn on it is a gift.

Descriptions based on in game terminology are usually more helpful ans easier to follow. Narrative battlereps are good if done well but are often done badly.

"Commander xirrizzyt draws a bead on the crude human behemoth and prepares to open fire, his fine senses tingling as he fires his advanced weaponry. When the dust clears a plume of smouldering crater is all that remains" - this sounds great but is long winded and hard to following without looking back and forth to remind yourself what commander xirrizzyt was driving and what his target might have been.

Its also nice to see balance, so even though you are a player, the battle rep sounds like it is written from a neutral perspective.

"My wonderfully painted tank destoryers fired 21 AD into his leviathan, scoring 15 hits, including 7 6's. His unit took a terrible beating leaving it damaged, corroded, and with a disorder marker, things were going well... one of his tank shot me back and did some damage, might have been a tank destroyer or something but i cant remember?"

A running total of TV can be helpful to keep track of a fast moving game, maybe with a list of what was killed that turn.

I like each player to give a unit of the match award as well, just for a bit of fun, and maybe some feedback from both players about what the other did well and did badly.