AVelie

ORBAT Updates?

The Shield Projector would ONLY affect Hirdmen.. we're talking Terrans here, EVERYTHING in the Terran army has shields except Hirdmen. +2 shields to any unit within 8" of my Command BArge, btw this CAN include Huscarls, or Valkyries, or Freyas etc since yes, they have shields and it doesn't limit what you can target except it has to same Faction and has to have shields, over a bubble that only helps Hirdmen? Seriously, people complained that Odin's shield projector is bad because it only helps Hirdmen, now you you people want a Shield Projector that would only help Hirdmen, over a support boost to anything else in the Terran Army nearby that you deem worth boosting? It's essentially as said a Shield Harmonics TAC card, except it can't go to +3 but it can't get a +1 either, so more reliable as well.

Seriously i'll take the ability to throw +2 shields to whatever I want nearby to keep turtled any day over the +2 shield projector. Yes it's carrying 10 Hirdmen but they really don't need it once they get into a building, which is what you should be wanting to do with them. A projector would pretty much only be helping them whilst they transition from going outside the Slepinir into a building. Whilst the Harmonic projector can help a much wider range of units and can keep on helping them consistently. And again, if you really don't like it you can give it the rotor guns turning it into a decent damage dealer that can attack all threats due to the MARs it has combined, I really don't see how the Slepinir is bad, nor do I consider the Projector that bad either, give it a go before you judge.

If this ability was activated during the tac phase it would be nice but having to dirst move this unit beforehand means it must move first or unless the unit you want to protect going is next to it then you may be out of range. Why does it end at the end of turn? Is an idiot in charge of it and playing with the toggle switch.

This would fit better on the Leviathen in place of the sheild projector for infantry it does not come with better yet why does rhe sinirs not have sheild projectors?

Next problem is so we get candy or cake but everyone else gets both?

Terran military is ahhh I give up. I can only assume we are getting close combat vehicles for our assault helix as it will be the most silly thing to build for a military that relies on sheilds is to make a unit that bypasses its own defenses.

Most armys build off of or improve upon what works. "Hey our heavy infantry rock! What would big mech heavy infantry be like?" or hey we like tanks but only have them in our core helix. That's odd lets make more tanks then. Nah lets put in more gocarts yeah. Seriously our AA is not that good and is a bit pricey compared to other similer AA units.... Stupid spiders.

The shield projector in Odin is stupid because you must keep infantry near him.

One Shield Projector in a transport is a good idea. The infantry is gonna be near their transport.

Yes, give +2 Shields to a Heimdall Scuadron (5 shields!!), or vidar is cool (I'm not sure if I prefer one Ullr Mk2 in front of them to get the first shoots). Giving the shields to Valkyries or Huscarl sounds better. But the need of winning the initiative roll and LOOSE the important first activation for that, or risk to get the "objective" unit shooted before we can protect them...

And I'm sorry, I like very much the Shrike combination. Makes the Slepnir a very good fire platform, plus artillery, plus transport.

I was hoping something like an "all kind of units +1 shield area projector". If I hadn't the Shrike option, I would have a lot of envy of the Sorylian's shield projector.

I would have preferred an "all units +1 shield projector" too. Seems more flavorful, but I suppose this works too. I dont like the projector, though, since I'm going to be sticking shield tanks on basically everything anyway. I suppose the Shrike option makes it at least a little viable.

450 points for the terran one, and its not even got a great amount of dice with grenade launchers, it doesn't get the 2nd weapon as well, then you have to pay for the infantry aswell.....thats either the most laughable thing ive ever read :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:, or im missing something?

Lots of hate for the Terrans. As a Terran player this makes me :(

If we look at it again its a pretty solid unit. It makes our already cheap infantry cheaper and backs them up with CQB 16 that it can flat out to do if needed.

If you are going light infantry heavy then the shield projector can help keep those sinsirs alive when they make a dash into the open.

The shield projector is an interesting one. I like the flexiblity it gives. Yes we can't use it on units that have Ullr MkI's but as most terrans use the shield tanks as actual shields as well then this can be used once they have been popped and if you don't want to use the SP then the shrikes can combine with the hammerstikes and you have a solid AA platform and Anti infantry which again supports the Grand company your carrying.

Its already 2nd cheapest and seen as everyone else also has to make other big (normally a grand company) purchases then it will stay cheap.

A lot of TV though. All in all I think the rules are good for a in the thick of it command truck and in all honesty I don't care because the model is amazing again.

Remember that the command vehicles only give discounts to their own helix. Not infantry in the entire battlegroup.

And the Slepnir still has bad AD for fire support without the Shrike. With the Shrike, its just a really big Sinir. Good at its job, though. The CQB and Assault Vehicle make it basically a full rush vehicle.

Remember that the command vehicles only give discounts to their own helix. Not infantry in the entire battlegroup.

And the Slepnir still has bad AD for fire support without the Shrike. With the Shrike, its just a really big Sinir. Good at its job, though. The CQB and Assault Vehicle make it basically a full rush vehicle.

yeah know that but it still helps as the grand company is in its helix so you can pass on almost the most reduction.

I think the AD pool is ok for the specific targets you want this to engage Aircraft and Infantry. It is definatly intended to get that grand company to an objective and help them clear it.

Should be a fix coming up guys with, hopefully, no more errors!

In regards to the Slepnir, you guys REALLY need to test it before you judge. The Beta team do a great job at making sure everything fits in and has a place within the force.

This is directly aimed at Corehunter (although I'm sure you've won nearly all your games as you once said)...

Let's say you have Slepnir, GA, Recon helix - you have a trio of very VERY tough and hard hitting units that can now threaten the entire board. The GA is IMMENSE. I've witnessed it in many games and tagged along with the Recon/Slenpir you will dominate middle objectives. The Terrans are not about special abilities or fancy weapons, it is simply a giant APC designed to safely transport your infantry to somewhere you want and NOT let go. Remember we have dozens more units coming out over the next year lol. Remember if you want the Shrike gun, you can then link the weapon systems and gain all the MARs. Interceptor Corrosive with 24AD at 12" or 21AD at 18" (combining EF and LR).

In regards to the shield ruling, +2 to a squadron is massive. You could play the extra shielding card on one unit, do the +2 to another unit and you have a damn solid wall of steel coming your way. It's much better than giving infantry a shield save when they mostly in buildings. The Odin has it anyway and if you wanted you could use them in conjuction with each other to get the shield on the infantry + 2SH to a unit (even the Odin!)

You intrigue me with the assumption that there is AA everywhere, there is a lot, in fact your whole army can be AA if it stays still. In the dozen or so games I've seen the GA I think I've only seen it die once?!?! The thing is a beast! You stick the Hermoors in front and it effectively has a damn 6/5 6/5 +3 SH armour rating. That DOES NOT die before you've got the Huscarls in place to kick some ass. I've witnessed the Double GA spam too, and it's even worse. I seen it at a tournament this weekend, it dominated his games.

Sometimes you need to sit back, play the game, realise what these units are designed for. They are not STOMP STOMP KILL all power listing units.

Also just thought of the Slepnir + GC/Odin combo Stick the SP on the Odin as it draws firepower from the board infantry get the benifit of the odin shield bubble as they run into the secondary meanwhile you can Nexus one two arty they bring along. 

Sounds like fun to me

Then we need to talk about how to get you winning!

The only Zenian force that dominates is currently Relthoza, but we know about this, and changes will eventually happen.

I'm probably 70/30 win/loss ratio with Terrans. The GA Helix is massive though, that should start swinging things quickly. Zenian players can't sit back any longer.

I played with my dindrenzi against terran GA and they took out BOTH my Kratos on turn 1.

I honestly don't struggle with or against any force except relth.

I play 4 different forces against all the other 6 factions and have no issues. I don't use fish or relth.

The game is very well balanced. As a Terran player are you using your ground attack and are you trying to fight people or cap objectives ?

How do you play basically, what's your usual list and point level ? Let's see if we can pick up any fundamental mistakes :) ?

Yeah I agree the game is very well balanced and its very smooth, unfortunately my groups stooped atm because of the relzotha imbalance, and I seriously don't know have play testers can give some of those units the green light, because you look at them on paper with a raised eyebrow, never mind how they perform on he table top and one thing you pick up from like 20+ years of wargaming is that, if a unit looks crazy on paper then there's little point playtesting it :wacko: :wacko: :blink:

The only thing I would say about planetfall is that, shields are no where near as good as say the high dr then -1 to hit at long range from dindrenzi (as a base example). Since you can use the high dr vs cbq and shields cant be used. Personally I would loose the -1 to hit on skimmers and just make it a movement bonus only.

Then there's cloak, it should probably just stop 1 red six on smalls, two on mediums, three on larges and the lev. Stopping all 6s is just too powerful. Its not like they have a low dr :huh:

Just my humble thoughts :) Always nice to hear that Spartan listen ^_^

Their is a mumber of things doable for the movement system.

Infantry: go to ground to get a cover save while in the open but count as rushed.

Wheeled: +Xmv through open terrain if thwy do not pivot.

Treeds: can move half speed and still call overwhatch.

Hover: free pivot at the end of a flat out.

Any number of things can be done to make each mobility type different.

Their is a mumber of things doable for the movement system.

Infantry: go to ground to get a cover save while in the open but count as rushed.

Wheeled: +Xmv through open terrain if thwy do not pivot.

Treeds: can move half speed and still call overwhatch.

Hover: free pivot at the end of a flat out.

Any number of things can be done to make each mobility type different.

This... is actually very interesting! I like it!

How about this?

Wheeled: +2" Mv if they dont pivot this turn.

Tracked: May fire at Rushed after moving Flat Out (tracked vehicles are all freaking slow except for Retaliators anyway).

Hover: May Pivot either before or after a Flat Out move.

Walker: Their current walking-through-terrain thing.

I very much agree that the mobility types should be differentiated.