Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thargor

Thargor's Stuff

I've posted pics of my Brittanians and Covenant miniatures in the relevant Threads, but thought I'd put my scenery pics in here.

Watch Tower:

17308446312_a4ea0988e8_z.jpgIMG_5518 by Paul, on Flickr​

Sturginium Generator/ Power Converter:

17122530488_178717e723_z.jpgIMG_5516 by Paul, on Flickr​

Barracks/ Science Lab 1:

16687856974_ff5a572c78_z.jpgIMG_5515 by Paul, on Flickr​

Barracks/ Science Lab 2:

17308513742_1629dfabf8_z.jpgIMG_5512 by Paul, on Flickr​

Objective:

17122823490_3cdd467199_z.jpgIMG_5511 by Paul, on Flickr​

I've got a Radar Station, a Nodding Donkey Sturginium Well and a Plane (for Bertie to pilot) to build and paint as well.

Nice stuff Thargor. I especially like the plane objective. I have a Spitfire that I bought to be Legions terrain that I ought to finish. Another thing for the list...

Are those the Micro Art Studios barracks and generator sets? I've seen them at my local, but I'd never thought of their appropriateness for Legions until seeing how you've painted them.

Out of curiosity, Thargor, do you have a specific nation in mind with that scenery? With that slightly futuristic look, to me it seems like it would go particularly well with Antarcticans.

I notice Micro Art Studios also makes some Nineteenth Century scenery for their own steampunk skirmish game that might also suit European and American urban battlefields for Legions.

If you don't mind my asking, how do the pieces you've shown above scale with Legions miniatures? Micro Art Studios bills its steampunk game as 28mm but the figures look bigger than that, and appear to use the same bases as Legions. I know those pieces above aren't from that game, but one assumes it's all in the same scale.

I think their Wolfsung(?) buildings would be great for an urban environment in this scale.  Here are some shots of my Britannians and Covenant minis with the terrain to show the size:

"Check to see if the pilot is still in it."

22541990965_0c4dabec2a_z.jpgIMAG1071 by Paul, on Flickr​

Covenant Automata advance through the compound:

22354308968_c8a1b9caea_z.jpgIMAG1075 by Paul, on Flickr​

Covenant Commandoes man the watch tower:

22528487042_79b4983607_z.jpgIMAG1073 by Paul, on Flickr

The Sky Hussars launch from​ the Radar Station:

22553199621_4cc1ccab09_z.jpgIMAG1077 by Paul, on Flickr​

They look great, Thargor. Great photography, too.

I really need to repaint my Sky Hussars, I don't think they're up to snuff.

Seeing Antarctican models with that terrain really reinforces their suitability. And yeah, the Micro Art terrain for Wolsung (funny name for a steampunk game; I'd never heard of it before looking up Micro Art the other day) does look good, but I imagine making a sufficiently large board with it would set one back a pretty penny. It would still be cool to see. It seems like that terrain is a good size though.

As we know the Dystopian nations don't shy away from chemical warfare judging by the smoke walls being impassable to Infantry.

I think that they would have definitely wanted full face protection from the gas masks. Damaging lungs was only one problem with the gas weapons. They also caused blisters, lesions, and burns. They were definitely not something you wanted in contact with your eyes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.