ohm

Can I combine Corrosive and Corrosive+Scatter Weapons

You can combine any weapon, as long as they have at least one MAR in common.

The resulting attack will benefit from ALL MARs involved (so in you example, both Scatter and Corrosive).

This is mentioned in the rulebook, but I can't remeber which page currently...

Can I combine Corrosive and Corrosive+Scatter Weapons? Will I get all benefits, or just the MAR common to both weapons?

This is mentioned in the rulebook, but I can't remeber which page currently...

In the pdf Rulebook on page 104, number 2: 

Weapons may combine if they possess a commen MAR irrespective of any values involved [...].

Its a bit tricky in the case of MARs affecting the To hit number

In the FAQ file the is a question about how to deal when combinng weapons having different to hit number, but shows only an example of differente range bands vs hover vehicles. But in this case the attack must use the worst to hit number in the combined pool or fire as separate attacks.

Combining an scatter with a non scatter weapons could fall in a similar situation but is unclear. For me would be intiutive to use the same restriction as the ranges examples in the FAQ as the question is "How is firing resolved when targeting squadrons with mixed to hit numbers?"

Weapons may combine if they possess a commen MAR irrespective of any values involved [...].

This works with the "to hit" modifiers, just think about the Aquan stingrays missiles being corrosive & interceptor.

If you can link the weapons with a common MAR; you gain both ALL MAR effects as well as combine their AD.

for example:

1 weapon has terror & pinpoint 2 with 20AD

1 weapon has terror & anti-personnel with 10AD

You can combine to get a single weapon system with 30AD & terror, pinpoint 2 & anti personnel...

If you can link the weapons with a common MAR; you gain both ALL MAR effects as well as combine their AD.

And for this point (rule) i can't get a reference in the rulebook (or the FAQ).

Personally I think its crazy you can pool dice from different weapons that have the same mar but other mars, like the example Zeph gives for crazy amount of dice.

I would have it so that you can only pool together weapons with the same mar only :)

I cant find that statement neither. But the rulebook structure is a bit chaotic so if someone have the reference please post it, (or in the FAQ)

IMHO the rulebook is simply poorly written in this aspect. And this is really big issue.

Could be different situations (having also at least one common MAR):

-Can combine but only apply MARs common to all weapons: I dont think is the case (but for me would be the most discussion avoiding resolution, like coherent effects MARs in Armada).

-Can combine but apply always all MARs: Sound pretty cheese to me, and really out of common sense.

-Can combine and apply depending of "type of the MAR": MARs similar to TERROR could apply always as are written as "hit by an attack with the Terror MAR", but MARs that affect to hit modifiers will not, because they are really the only case really specified in the rulebook. ("You can combine but got the worse to hit number").

From Delboy himself:

Hi gr1mdan !

You have the answer right in your question!  :)

They SHARE a common MAR (regardless of values)....so they CAN combine. Any other MARs the weapons have is a bonus and still count!

This makes the Directorate Heavy Tank a bit of a beast up close.  :D

d

http://community.spartangames.co.uk/index.php?/topic/11771-planetfall-rules-questions/?hl=combine#entry215405

Hope this helps draw a line under this point ;)

I believe this is all done in the name of overall simplicity of the game. If the AD and MARs just combine as long as there is one shared MAR then it's pretty straight forward. Also keep in mind, we can't just throw MARs willy-nilly on models through upgrades and throwing odd combinations of models in units like most other games. Every unit's MARs have been pre combined and pointed out for balance ahead of time for us. 

Sorry Zeph, who isDelboy? Spartan staff? (I follow the forum not very often, but in some games you can actually find in the official forums the person who designed the rules). EDIT: I found, is Spartan-Derek.

And if this is not in the (already updated) rulebook. Its really so hard to put in the FAQ document? I have it printed along the new rulebbok to check during games, but I cant not look in the forum in mid game.

And if this is not in the (already updated) rulebook. Its really so hard to put in the FAQ document? I have it printed along the new rulebbok to check during games, but I cant not look in the forum in mid game.

Right now the PDF is the most up to date rulebook.

The problem as I understand it is multi-fold.

1. That we're having the same questions that have already been answered here on the forums getting reasked 3-4 times. It's not laziness, just all the previous times they were answered in a bulk "I have questions" post or as a sub-question that came up from a related issue. I spend a fair amount of time on the forums and it  can take me 5-10min to find an answer again for reference. Compiling multiple hard to find threads of info to come to one concise answer is incredibly time consuming.
  2. 75% of the time when we do reference a previous community ruling there's a new opinion about the wording and how it contradicts our ruling, or if it's Spartan Derek's ruling then how unfair/unrealistic it is. Meaning a large amount of time is spent debating wording and balance for the next FAQ/RB.
  3. A majority of the issues were brought up in those first ~3 months after release. For a good while what existed after the FAQ and later the PDF rulebook was mostly misunderstandings, minor clarifications, or highly complex but rare situations. I don't think it was until the last 2 months that we saw a big need for a compiled update.
  4. A couple small rules/conflicts/rare events I think are still in "just house rule it" due to no official ruling and a divide in community opinion.
  5. Derek, has his hands full with the playtesting and his day job... which from what I hear his day job is more important for you Brits than our game is.

All this is slowing the process of getting all the answers in one place. The good news is, from what I've heard some of the vanguards and playtesters are compiling a list for a new FAQ/RB but this is taking alot of time and effort.

Edit:

Note for you new people: Please, Please, Please; CLEARLY LABEL YOUR POST TITLES, especially in the rules question thread. "I have some questions", "LOS, Kinetic, and shooting", "First Game Problem", and the like make it very difficult to find answers. I know we oldtimers had issues in the beginning too, this is a request not a condemnation. Not coming down upon or anything against the OP, but for example the title of this very thread. "How Do I Combine MARs"/"How Do I Combine Weapons" would have been a better titles as the question applies to all Weapon MARs. The OP's title works, but some people will pass over it assuming the answers within ONLY apply to when those two MARs are involved.