jpj

Something to "command" your attention: Nov. Preorders up!

I think Hirdmen's grand company includes 3 gun teams and 3 sweeper teams, I'm not very sure of the utility of this, 10 Hirdmen with 3 sweeper teams are 26 cqb, but must be with the 10 hirdmen at 4". Their main attacks are the same than the regular unit.

Probably the advantage of the grand company is their improved defense when ocupying an objective.

As a Terran and Dindrenzi player I am more than happy with the models.

The Terran one fits their style. Yes it's a massive Sinir but would the Alliance ever do anything different? No. They are stalwart and use age old tech. They get the job done. A fast massive apc with tons of guns and Infantry is just what we need to storm the middle of the board and hold it.

The Dindrenzi one took some getting used to but it's making more sense now. Blitzkrieg tactics do not specifically state that the force has to keep moving. It's more about how they pick where they take the fight to the enemy and can punish weak spots in a battle line, open them up and defeat the enemy. This pod just kind of enforces that even more. It's almost a killing blow that your enemy can't recover from.

I can't wait either way. More massive chunks of resin on my table to wage war with.

I'm not very sure of giant Sinir being faster than smaller an lighter true Sinir. Every Terran non-light vehicle has the same speed, and being faster would mean left behind your slower Ullr mk2 shield tank attachment.

Yeah but... wasn't the old Terran command vehicle nicer looking? Not as cool or as sleek with its edges, but it felt... right. Im not sure how to explain it. It seemed more Terran than "A bigger Sinir".

Same for the Dindrenzi one. Theyre really nice to loot at, and they do fit, but the old railgun command barge just seemed more... Dindrenzi.

I suppose I'm just stereotyping.

I'm not very sure of giant Sinir being faster than smaller an lighter true Sinir. Every Terran non-light vehicle has the same speed, and being faster would mean left behind your slower Ullr mk2 shield tank attachment.

Maybe it has a big engine?

Yeah but... wasn't the old Terran command vehicle nicer looking? Not as cool or as sleek with its edges, but it felt... right. Im not sure how to explain it. It seemed more Terran than "A bigger Sinir".

Same for the Dindrenzi one. Theyre really nice to loot at, and they do fit, but the old railgun command barge just seemed more... Dindrenzi.

I suppose I'm just stereotyping.

No, not particularly in my opinion. The big rake thing at the front looked daft and like it wouldn't move. The new one looks actually like it would go and command stuff, whilst keeping up over terrain of any sort. The old one would get stuck in a small ditch!

The Dindrenzi was alright, it looked very clumsy and it didn't really add much to the Dindrenzi force other than another rail gun. I imagine the new one has much more going for it but is just a lot more left of centre.

At the end of the day, the designer could literally just make everything so predictable and boring we'd all complain it's too "real" instead of it being a made up sci-fi world in which we can use bonkers units with silly designs that are actually fun to model and paint and use. The big downside to Spartan is that their 3D renders generally make their models look a lot less desirable than when you have it in your hand, painted up, on the table ready to kick ass. I just wish they had the resources to release painted models first!!!!

I prefer the new terran one, the old one looked like a futuristic combined harvester, glad to see the terran eagle on a model! hopefully it will start to crop up on all new models, would like to see similar in firestorm, the dindrenzi ships always look awesome with their emblem on their ships.

The only issue I have mostly with the new Terran Command Barge is the Wheels.. looking at the front wheel, it seems to just be a flat surface, where it connects to hull? Like someone took a wheel, cut it in half vertically and stuck it to the side of the Slepinir. That's going to look rather.. off to me. I'd have prefered if it was lower set into the hull so it hid that. x_x

To me the Dindrenzi Command pod seems likes its trying to fill two different roles.

1. Its transporting a grand company of Nyx you WANT that at the frontline

2. Its got an artillery cannon on it you DON'T WANT that at the frontline.

I hope they can marry up what seem to be completely different roles, is it a command bunker to co-ordinate your strikes and reign artillery death or it it a drop pod on steroids?

Shouldn't the Aquan Command Helix come with a couple of sky drop markers for the Votari nodes?

The Renzi recon does not: it relies on the sky drops from the core ~ this aquan helix would be the same.

Love all of the new models apart from the Aquan I'm afraid.

The new terran is much nicer than the old bus from the rule book and the direcorate is a work of cyber attack gubbins that looks fantastic.

They all seem to have been beefed up to a rather imposing model as benifits their command status

My ground attack arrived today and I am going to wait to see if the assult helix will arrive in Dec. Might skip the cmd helix . As the forces grow there are a number of models that don't make the table as their usefulness is limited and others take their place.

Not sure the cmd will be worth it.........the interceptors are kinda meh compared to the gorgeous ground attack models regardless of what the stats may be. Probably should have waited for ground attack instead of interceptors.

I am itching to get my hands on my ground attack helix, should be here monday :).

Cant wait to see the rules for theses models i already bought lol.

Regards the command helix, it really depends on what they do and for what cost. They all sound like force multiplier and support units so its impossible to guage how effective or useful they might be.

Honestly out of the command helix's Terrans takes the prize for me as think it's best one.

Really like the Anti air MLRS turret on the back of the command mammoth too, which makes me wonder if the Terrans will get an anti air helix with that turret on a large tank or two with some Gatling tanks as back up. Can see that on a SAM style drop turret too. :D

Really like them all and considering starting Terrans now. >_<

Shaun