Sign in to follow this  
herezjohny

What does everyone think of this 600 points list?

Battleship-Apollo Class (+2 CP, Nuclear Torps, Sector Shielding) 180 points

Carrier-Solar Class (+1 HP, Beam Weapons, Weapon Shielding, 6 bombers) 185 points

Assault Cruiser (Beam Weapons, Weapon Shielding) 135 points

Frigate Squadron (4x Missionary Class) 100 points

This fleet will be fighting the railgun heavy faction...best of luck to me!

Ps. Also if any of you live in or near Southampton, Hampshire.  There is a nice wargaming club which operate every Friday evening 6pm-11pm,  Oh and first time is free!

It looks solid to me. I assume the carrier and battleship will be buddies, and the cruisers and frigates will be in reserve.

How would you change your list if you were not allowed to bring the battleship?

What do you mean by buddies? Like they will stay close to each other? That could actually be a good idea, I've not put things in reserve much before. I like the idea.

If i wasn't allowed to bring the battleship? I think i would try and get in a battleship in or maybe a squadron of normal crusiers or a hawker squadron.

Thanks for saying it looks solid, its appreciated

That's right; the wings cover the battleship and care until they close their target.

Keep in mind, I do not play Terrans. I am sure someone all have suggestions for Hardpoints and upgrades. Did you buy off the planetfall MAR from your Cruisers? That's a requirement so they can fill your minimum tier 2 slot.

I know at 600 points things are spread out, but maybe take out the carrier and try and fit in destroyers. I have been having much luck with them, though admittedly my leaguepoints at 600 didnt show it. Interested on hearing how the assault cruisers do. That is my next purchase.

That list is interesting but I have issues with your upgrades.

1. Nuclear Torps and Sector Shielding low priority upgrades for an Apollo.  Go for Beam Primaries and +1 Shield instead.

2. Solar can only take 5 wings

3. +1 HP on the Solar is expensive and gives your opponent one more BL point.  Spend your points elsewhere.

Against Dindrenzi I would suggest this:

Apollo: +1 SH, +1 MV, Nuke Torps = 190 (since can't afford Beams, take the Mv bonus to get into range faster)
Solar: +1SH -1 MV, Weapon Shlding, Beams, x5 bombers = 175
Assault Cruiser x3 : Beam Weapons, Weapon Shielding, +3AP -Plantfall = 135 points
Missionary x4 : = 100 points

Suggested changes from here: sacrifice a Bomber wing for the extra 5 points and take Beams on the Apollo instead of the MV bonus.

Beams all the way on the Apollo, 15AD linking turrets and broadsides that re-roll initial rolls of a 1 at RB1? It's a winner. It also helps to mitigate a little of the range disparity between otherwise Primary wielding Terrans and the Railguns used by the Dindrenzi. 

Missionary frigates are the only Terran unit that doesn't benefit from having beams, because the turrets are still Primaries. Then you have to link broadsides and turrets to get that magical 16AD punch, and lose the Beam Weapons coherency effect anyway. The only place it sort of makes sense is if you're trying to kill multiple frigates/corvettes, and are splitting fire from the turrets and broadsides accordingly, even then, that can be done with just Primaries.