Forest

Flat out, backwards?

Oh, here is the other question that came up.  Can you make a flat out move, in reverse?  That is make your pivot, then move straight line backwards? I couldn't see in the rule where it said you couldn't. 

Well you get a 90 degree turn before moving flat out in a straight line, so sideways is not an option, also you are unable to turn unless you are lumbering.  Otherwise I don't think there is a specific ruling that says you are unable to go flat out backwards, but to me that seems like a case of "I'm going to interpret the rules in such a way to get this."  No vehicle that I know of has ever been able to move backwards as fast as it is able to forwards while under its own power (rolling backwards down a hill on a skateboard does not seem to count imo :D )

May seem legit, but it's not legal :) Only forwards and backwards (in certain circumstances) movement is legal in planetfall.

As for moving backwards as fast as forwards: Google DAF variomatic :)

May seem legit, but it's not legal :) Only forwards and backwards (in certain circumstances) movement is legal in planetfall.

As for moving backwards as fast as forwards: Google DAF variomatic :)

How so? I've gone through the movement section of the rulebook several times, and I cannot find where it says that forwards or backwards the requirement - heck even under Flat Out on p69, it says "The movement can be in any direction, but MUST be in a straight line." 

The only exception to this I can find is models with the Lumbering MAR, which are specified as having to move straight forward before it can turn (again, on p69), but for other models, no, nothing I can find.

I know what you're saying, its a convention, and an opponent tried to so something like that to me, I'd give them a long, hard, dirty look. But RAW, it is a bit of an oversight.