BullwinkleTHEcat

Newbie rule questions?

Hey All,

Had a first enjoyable game of Planetfall at the beginning of the week...a couple of questions,( I'm sure there will be more!). If you pick up a Debilitating effect marker.....I see you can attempt a repair in the end phase, but what effect does it have on the unit if it doesn't get repaired. For instance the 3-4 Cyber attack results gives you a debilitating effect marker....does that marker have any effect on the unit? And, with the artillery strikes can you only 'call down' one strike per marker per game? I realise the markers remain on the board as they are used,(by some races) as Sky drops), but once an artillery strike has been called to that marker the reules seem to read you can't have another one there.

A really interesting game.....we are having a re-run next week.

....does that marker have any effect on the unit?

The table for Cyber Attack Result states in its entry for 2-3: "gains a Debilitating Effect Marrker (see the Corrosive MAR for its effects)."

So just like Corrosive, each level of DR is reduced by -1.

And, with the artillery strikes can you only 'call down' one strike per marker per game? I realise the markers remain on the board as they are used,(by some races) as Sky drops), but once an artillery strike has been called to that marker the reules seem to read you can't have another one there.

Page 79 in the rulebook states: "Remember once an Artillery Strike has been resolved, the Artillery Marker is removed."

2nd game under our belts now and really ejoying the system. Can anyone tell me...is the 'different coloured dice' mechanic under used at the moment. It's a real neat idea....I've seen it in other systems, but so far (aside from 'ordinary dice' rolls), I can only find one example of the mechanic being used in the game (dropping a dice rank for shooting at cloaked vehicle)....am I missing something?

Hi all

I dont understand. If Cyber attack results gives 2 or more results of Debiliating effect marker (2-3 table states), how many Debiliating effect markers the squadron gains? Only 1 (corrosive rule "gains a Debilitating Effect Marrker (see the Corrosive MAR for its effects)."   ) or 2 on squadron or 2 on nearest model or ... ?

Thanks.