freakshow1966

OOPS

As Ryjak says put it in the freezer. Superglue makes a very brittle bond* and freezing makes it even more brittle. It's then a case of giving it a careful knock or prising/working around the join area a bit. 

Like all things take it SLOW and careful and you should be fine.

*which is part of the reason advice is to score the join areas so that you get as much surface area making the join, but also so that you've got different angles not just one flat plane so that its less easy to simply break on the glue itself. 

Current FSA production is OK with *Everbuild Superglue Solvent De Bonder*, available on ebay for less than 4GBP.

The de-bonder DOES affect the resin but considerably slower than the superglue I use (ultra cheap stuff from ebay).

• (in general) Work on one join at a time.
  • Use as little de-bonder as possible.
  • 'Suck up' any surplus with tissue paper ASAP so it doesn't get the chance to dissolve any details.
  • Check the bond after 5 minutes or so (at 18-21 C), by that time the glue has usually weakened so that you can use finger force to open out the join a bit and let the de-bonder get at more superglue.
  • Keep trying every minute or two (3 attempts is the most I've needed).
  • Once you've separated the parts wash the components in running water. 

What you could still try is the chisel and hammer method.

Put the miniature in the freezer for half an hour or so, put it upside down on a piece of rubber, place a sharp chisel on the glue seam and give it a good sharp whack.

Works most of the time…

the thing is and how it glot glued in upside down is the part fit seemlessly in place.  it not only fit perfectly there is no gap, looks almost like it was made there.  I do think it gives the ships a meaner profile.  Finally as its not my main fleet just a extra race i think i may just leave it that way.

It is the New Dindrenzi R&D Heavy Cruiser.....

If I were you I would just claim that everyone else is wrong...  :)

Mmmm.... Maybe a sweet, sweet Grav gun with Kinetic? Who cares if it doesn't make sense. Now we just throw a cloaking field on there, and we have a tooled up, merciless killer.

well if you insist lol

rgDxjVT.jpg

My girlfriend also figured they can be put there upside down. I haven't done it myself as I am just love the original look too much. But I agree it looks really cool. I actually like even more if you put the engines thrusters forward, that looks super aggresive. As the intakes look like thrusters on other models I wouldn't worry about that much.

Mmmm.... Maybe a sweet, sweet Grav gun with Kinetic? Who cares if it doesn't make sense. Now we just throw a cloaking field on there, and we have a tooled up, merciless killer.

I want one for the Directorate now. Incidentally, freezer does work; I've done it for Directorate gunships before.

I want one for the Directorate now. Incidentally, freezer does work; I've done it for Directorate gunships before.

With a little blade work, you might be able to fit the center section of a Dindrenzi cruiser hull between the two halves of a Directorate cruiser hull. (Sorta the way the RotO Gunship fits together). That would give you one heck of a unique conversion.