Sign in to follow this  
Thamoz

Orbat Changes

Sad to see the Engineers leave the flight and ground units.  Didn't seem necessary to me to drop them from those parts of the ORBAT.  Seeing how the Brits, I think, are more of a "Defense & positioning 1st - shooting 2nd" style of fleet.

Edit: Also losing Redoubtable Primaries (aka turrets) on the non-naval units is...kinda bad I think.

But I need to play some games first though.

Sad to see the Engineers leave the flight and ground units.  Didn't seem necessary to me to drop them from those parts of the ORBAT.  Seeing how the Brits, I think, are more of a "Defense & positioning 1st - shooting 2nd" style of fleet.

Edit: Also losing Redoubtable Primaries (aka turrets) on the non-naval units is...kinda bad I think.

But I need to play some games first though.

Have a close look at many of the Non- naval  models with primary turrets- they  just have Redoubable ( everything)....

james

Ya, I saw that when I looked...

The loss of Experienced engineers is what I am more sad about.  Tend to play a lot of Land games, and those 3+ engineering "saves" really helps when my opponent is EotBS and their incendiary stuffs.

I hope it was more of an error/oversight and is to be reintroduced.  Just seems to be a little too much of a change of the national style of - "Fix that leak/hole/gun/random item you bloody bastard!"

I blame it on brain drain. We're losing a lot of our brightest minds to Antarctica. Damn emigrants!

Nope, not Antarctica. They've all gone where the weather is sunny, the beers are cold, and the wildlife can kill a Metzger without needing any genetic engineering.

I thought their strength have been reversed... (Fore torps were-/7/6/5 and changed to -/10/9/8 ; S/P torps were -/10/9/8 and changed to -/7/6/5). Probably I have downloaded an outdated version previously. Thank you for the correction!

It has been, but rather than change the numbers around they swapped the names. So it takes a close look to spot it! I hadn't noticed till now. So the september one is P/S torps then fore, whereas the January one is Fore then P/S. Will see how that works out sometime.

To be fair, this seems consistent with the model in use. The forward Torps seem way more impressive than the P/S torps... still it trades a blow to my triple ruler fleet ;). Bot alas I think the ruler is perfectly fine with that adjustment.

R

I've seen your triple Ruler list Rufus, and I am intrigued. It got me thinking about other duplicate larges as well -  does anyone think it would be worthwhile to get another Naval Starter box? While more of the Mediums and Smalls are always welcome - is double Monarch / Regent useful?