slimeball

Nexus designators and artillery strikes

As a relthozan player i am used to using skydrop but not artillery, i know sky drop markers can only be used for sky drop and artillery markers can only be used for artillery but what about nexus designators?

I can see a passage that specificly says only units with target lock MAR can use the target lock action with their designators, but other than that i cant see any other limitations.

Can i, for example, use my vardiss heavy tank nexus designator to zero in or fire the artillery marker that i get from my aerial helix?

If there is a ruling either way, can you direct me to it as i dont want to misplay my new dragonfly :)

It is worth a note that designators can do any one of these actions:

So you cannot: Zero an artillery marker & Call down an artillery strike. (Unless you have multiple nexus designators like the Sheriff) 

A model has to have the artillery support MAR to supply artillery sky drop marks and call in artillery strikes. Doesn't say anything about nexus designator. So technically a model can have artillery support without being a nexus designator itself.

Ok, just to be clear for people. Artillery Support is required to put Artillery Markers onto the table, only a same faction Nexus Designator is needed on a model to perform a Artillery Strike Designation Action (AKA calling in the strike.) So far only a Target Lock Action requires an additional MAR beyond the Nexus Designator to be performed.

If a model has Artillery Support but no Nexus Designator, then it puts the Markers on the table but cannot itself perform a Artillery Strike Designation Action. I'm about to skirt the enge of my NDA a bit, but I want to put a nail in this. As a Vanguard I have a bit of foreknowledge; there is a proposed model that has this situation, however it's helix has at least one Nexus Designator on another model. This MAR is intended to work this way, the line at the end of the Artillery MAR is excess and likely should be purged/edited before the next book update.

Ok, just to be clear for people. Artillery Support is required to put Artillery Markers onto the table, only a same faction Nexus Designator is needed on a model to perform a Artillery Strike Designation Action (AKA calling in the strike.) So far only a Target Lock Action requires an additional MAR beyond the Nexus Designator to be performed.

If a model has Artillery Support but no Nexus Designator, then it puts the Markers on the table but cannot itself perform a Artillery Strike Designation Action. I'm about to skirt the edge of my NDA a bit, but I want to put a nail in this. As a Vanguard I have a bit of foreknowledge; there is a proposed model that has this situation, however it's helix has at least one Nexus Designator on another model. This MAR is intended to work this way, the line at the end of the Artillery MAR is excess and likely should be purged/edited before the next book update.

See: Directorate Field Support Helix.