Valander

Valander's Junk

Hi all! Just recently picked up Firestorm Planetfall (well, at Gen Con), and have been prepping and so forth. Haven't gotten a game in yet, but really looking forward to it, and there's already a small group at my FLGS (Card Kingdom in Seattle) who do other Spartan Games, and 3 others have already bought into Planetfall, too. I plan on playing Aquans primarily, but since I had the Battle for Proteus Prime, I'll paint up at least all that stuff first.

Anyway, I'll use this thread to throw things up as they get finished. :)

First off, the first thing in this scale I've painted in like 20 years, the Directorate light infantry:

COuFtiqUEAA9eqG.jpg

It was a bit strange going to this small scale after doing so much 28-35mm scale things over the last few years, and figuring out how to apply some of my new techniques was interesting. Anyway, comments and such welcomed, and more to come!

Been slammed with work, so only able to paint a little at a time. But, finally, the rest of the Directorate core helix is done.

CQaVVZ1VEAAvBe3.jpg

Now that I've finally figured out a color scheme for my Aquans, I'll be starting those next, along with some Armada stuff (Aquans as well).

And starting up the Aquan stuff, with a pair of sqaudrons of Imzani (I picked up a 2nd Core Helix box).

CSGiOxdUkAAMods.jpg

Have a pair of Sirsir primed up, and will probably get all the infantry together and primed this weekend.

Been slammed with work, so only able to paint a little at a time. But, finally, the rest of the Directorate core helix is done.

CQaVVZ1VEAAvBe3.jpg

Now that I've finally figured out a color scheme for my Aquans, I'll be starting those next, along with some Armada stuff (Aquans as well).

very nice paint job on the Directorate helix!!!!

Finally got some time to do some more painting, and finished up a dozen stands of rolly-polly fish-men.

CT_PE7lUAAAJ2On.jpg

Got the Sky Drop markers primed (4) and the Votari Crystals (4) and the Stingray anti-air batteries (4) are all prepped and ready for priming. Trying to finish up a full Core Helix, then may need a break from future-fish and go finish my damn Deep Wars dudes that have been in the background of all these shots. ;)

And the crystals. Two of them were in the blue clear plastic (the ones that came with the Battle for Proteus Prime), but the two that came in the second Core Helix I got later were normal resin. Since there was no way I was going to get them to match anyway, I figured they should be the same colors as the rest of the crystals in both my Armada stuff and other Planetfall stuff.

CUb-a3HUEAASo6P.jpg

Short break from Planetfall stuff to go finish a cruiser squadron for Armada so I can do an 800 point fleet. ;)

And the Sednas are done. This makes a full-force Core Helix fully painted. Yay! I'll see about doing a group shot this weekend maybe.

CWerdnMXIAA9_eN.jpg

Now to figure out which Helix to do next; I've got the Interceptors and the Heavy helices, and kinda leaning towards the Interceptors first (because fewer models so it will be faster). Also need to go do some Armada stuff (finish the Return of the Overseers Directorate and terrain bobs).