Sign in to follow this  
Moonhare

Infantry formation question

I would appreciate some assistance with understanding the rules laid out in Commodore Rulebook Section D7 INFANTRY: Infantry Bases section.

Do squadrons of Infantry Base Models have to be joined as a Formation or can they function as independents within 8" of each other like other squadrons?

The rules state: "Infantry Formations are considered to be a single entity for the purposes of Range and Measurement" making me think that they are joined together. If so, when deploying more than one infantry base model in a squadron are they joined together in a way similar to SAW models when forming an SAS?

Also, what happens with damage? Does one infantry model suffer the full attack effects before the second model is damaged, as per damage to SAWs?

Many Thanks for your assistance in advance.

I would appreciate some assistance with understanding the rules laid out in Commodore Rulebook Section D7 INFANTRY: Infantry Bases section.

1) Do squadrons of Infantry Base Models have to be joined as a Formation or can they function as independents within 8" of each other like other squadrons?

2) The rules state: "Infantry Formations are considered to be a single entity for the purposes of Range and Measurement" making me think that they are joined together. If so, when deploying more than one infantry base model in a squadron are they joined together in a way similar to SAW models when forming an SAS?

3)Also, what happens with damage? Does one infantry model suffer the full attack effects before the second model is damaged, as per damage to SAWs?

Many Thanks for your assistance in advance.

1) Yes, an Infantry  unit forms up into a formation

2)Yes, like SAWs, they join up into one formation

3) Yes, all damage on one. It only carries over if there is enough to kill one unit and carry on to the next.

James