We're moving to Discord!

Come join in the discussion here!

You can also still find out all the latest news on TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to welcoming you shortly.

The Warcradle Team

FSAHoops

Dreadnought Robot?

How big are these monsters?

Personally I love the Restitution, not the name could have been much better. I will probably never use it, but I will get 2 just to paint and display.

Really whats with the name? It has got to be the lamest of all the big honking robot names.

Irs a skimmer!

The Freedom is 1 7/16" tall. With DW being 1:1200 scale and DL being 1:48 or 1:50 scale that would make it 35-36" tall. The size of a small child...

The Defiance small armored robot on the other hand is only 7/16" tall, which would make it 10.5" tall, and probably still double the size of the Restitution model. 

I think it derives from the legend of John Henry who was a railway worker laying down tracks through the Eastern U.S. and according to folklore he raced a mechanical steam hammer to see whether he could dig a tunnel faster where he won but his heart gave out from the stress and he died with his hammer in his hand in victory.

Why the hammer is given to the bigger robot and not the John Henry class robot is unclear.

after having played way to much fallout 3 and 4.. I keep wanting to call him liberty prime.. I will paint one for collections sake, but I dunno if I could field it in a game, it strikes me as too much super science gone wrong. Its like any Dreadnaught, great in huge games of over 2000 points, but anything less, and it seems your throwing too much at it to be fun.

ordered/brought my 2nd dreadbot today the Restitution will adjust very well into my 105th "Lone star" division. I like to think the soldiers added a voice box to the restitution so as it skims along it blasts out  "Enemies of the Federation cower and despair. For I am become death, the destroyer of worlds" admittedly Oppenheimer wasn't born yet but remember, when something happens we cant explain blame it on a sturginium flare.

ordered/brought my 2nd dreadbot today the Restitution will adjust very well into my 105th "Lone star" division. I like to think the soldiers added a voice box to the restitution so as it skims along it blasts out  "Enemies of the Federation cower and despair. For I am become death, the destroyer of worlds" admittedly Oppenheimer wasn't born yet but remember, when something happens we cant explain blame it on a sturginium flare.

As Oppenheimer was quoting a Hindu religious text of some age, you don't need Sturginium to explain it....

EDIT The Bhagavad Gita, also the source of his  'by the light of a 1000 suns' quote.  Using the most common English translations

James

I'm still hopeful that we will get the rules for this beast before Christmas, I want to take mine out for a test soon as I get him magnetised and painted which probably wont be until new year but I still would like to see the stats so I know how to play him and can plan my strategy.

Also as a side note. I Can't Decide if I should name him "Rockets Red Glare" (though this name might be considered rather unionist) or going more confederate "To live and die in Dixie"

I do think anyone would be mistaken to field it with the hammer. The only reason I'd think is if a player really can only have 300 points and is adamant about fielding a Dreadbot. Or if they really want to make Armored units take Morale checks.

Sure the Rocket Hammer gets D6 Hullbreaker instead of D3. But the Cannons get two 21 AD attacks Close Quarter Gunnery attacks before it makes its boarding attack and even then still has Crushing Impact and Hull Breaker.

But Spartan seems to have dropped any pretense about the Dreadbots supposed to be balanced with the Dreadnoughts.

The DR/CR 9/12 with Rugged Construction 2 is crazy. The Enterprise only has 8/13 and the Shield 3 the Restitution starts with internal brings the naval dread to 310 points.

It's Rockets are 21/18/15 compared to the Enterprise 11/12/14.

The gunnery is 29/23/20/17 compared to 27/23/19/15 but the Dreadbot has Close Quarter Gunnery, and can hit Diving and Obscured models with no penalty on 3+ in RB4. Nothing is safe. Plus because the Dreadbot has fewer Guns it is more damage resistant while being tougher.

Plus the Dreadbot has their normal lack of vulnerability to boarding and 360° MV and is faster than any FSA Large at 7" Mv.

Yes the Dreadbot provides 500 points if killed but the Dreadnought is at 410 points and 720 if Prized.

But the biggest shame is that they have done nothing to address the horrible balance that the FSA Armored Theater has. The only way the army is viable is completely relying upon the Yorktown's. The rest of the army doesn't have a single strength to use against their opponents. They have no RB 3 AD, and they have lower RB 1-2 AD than basically all of their opponents. It's an absolute joke trying to field them against the KoB especially.

Then you have the Philadelphia vs Washington. They are the exact same ship. The Washington costs 145 points. The Philadelphia 150. But the Washington cannot link it's turrets, has less Sustained Fire, does not bring Infantry to the table, has lower broadsides, and lower AA.

There is no way that I'm going to field the Dreadbot in my navy or army. I enjoy providing a fun game to my opponent and I do not find it fun to play against these models.

Yes, I am a FSA player and I really like the model and the Shooting styles are awesome!

I really don't see why you would want the hammer (maybe if you really enjoy forcing tests in an armoured battle?), I also would expect that you lose the Hull-breaker MAR when taking the guns. The stats seem to be a bit too powerful. I can't really tell until I played with it but on first glance it is really really strong.