Khaleth

Khaleth's painting log

Hello fellow admirals.

since I've been expanding my kurak forces in many new directions lately I have decided to make a collective post on my finished and current projects.

You may know my Sorylian Red heads:

http://community.spartangames.co.uk/index.php?/topic/11415-sorylian-fleet-red-heads/?hl=heads

http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah259/khaleth86/DSC_0040_zps9118070a.jpg

My Syndicate Tier 1 models

http://community.spartangames.co.uk/index.php?/topic/13578-syndicate-step-by-step/?hl=syndicate

Recently I have bought a RotO starter box with a friend and decided to take Aquans....

and here are the current results:

IMG_1769_zpsveqquvnq.jpg

Oannes, 

IMG_1461_zpslm9o8nlz.jpg

IMG_1767_zpswbdfockv.jpg

cruisers

IMG_1241_zpsymybog3w.jpg

WIP Sulis:

IMG_1770_zpsijdlzqy8.jpg

Kurak (Terquai)

For this project i tried to implement some techniques a friend of mine told me, and here are the results:

Torpedo Cruisers

FullSizeRender1_zpsrw1i7cyx.jpg

FullSizeRender2_zpsrogvqb9x.jpg

FullSizeRender3_zpsudtipm5z.jpg

Part 2 ...

Bastion Fleet

I wasnt very keen to repeat the shole sorylian colour theme again, specialy after a whole year learning different airbrush techniques, I even started thinking in mixing the colour patterns...

but finally decided to introduce the new techniques with some minor changes but maintaining the general concept.

Step 1

prime black the models

Step 2

Paint white making a transition for each panel (yes its a lot of work) help yourself with a plastics card so you start airbrushing at the card and follow to the panel)

CF38DBB0-3F02-42FB-B1DB-E7FF386E5765_zps

Step 3

mask the nose with tape and apply a thinned red ferrari.

FullSizeRender_zpsnjch0asc.jpg

Step 4

mask the red nose and a bit more, so we can now apply the emerald green, which we need to thinn too. This is one of those small changes I mentioned before, I really need a brighter colour than when I painted my first sorylians,l later you will see why. Also I skip making a mix so its a win-win situation.

IMG_1580_zpslvdt5tkh.jpg

Step 5

now we will mask the pattern desired for the model to paint in usaf grey and then in white.

IMG_1585_zpsydi2b8dm.jpg

IMG_1589_zpsvu4ohgic.jpg

we are not finished yet...

Step 6

apply acrylic gloss varnish from vallejo.

let it dry in a room with out dust

Step 7

mix black oil paint ( like the ones for arts) with Universal solvent (thinner)and apply it to the all the panels. let it dry for 10 to 15min, and then remove smoothly with a dry cloth.

IMG_1598_zpsnco0yvb1.jpg

http://vid1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah259/khaleth86/Bastion%20Fleet/IMG_1594_zpsae5qefmb.mp4

for now you can the difference between a year ago sorylian cruiser and the new assault cruiser.

IMG_1599_zpsll8ocz5h.jpg

Step8

Here is where I am right now, painting the metallic parts

IMG_1766_zpsmemgr7ma.jpg

Also just to let you guys know what i post here is the effort of first screwing up a few times with the first model.

IMG_1494_zpsv6y3ake8.jpg

I will be posting how the bastion fleet comes to an end, and i hope to test them out soon ;)

Sorry for the long post, no potato also :(

They are really awesome, congrats :)

I definitely need to try the oil wash. But I would say the pure black is a bit violent. I would have gone for something slightly more brown or grey. :) Still the contrast is strong.

Absolutely in love with your Terquai ! I think I will borrow the color scheme on something one day. What color is the ochre ?

thank you all for the comments.

They are really awesome, congrats :)

I definitely need to try the oil wash. But I would say the pure black is a bit violent. I would have gone for something slightly more brown or grey. :) Still the contrast is strong.

Absolutely in love with your Terquai ! I think I will borrow the color scheme on something one day. What color is the ochre ?

1. I primed the models with Rotbraun RAL8012 model air primer (vallejo)
2. next  I preshaded with white.
3. I thinned a mix 1:1 of orange and medium yellow 
4. apply a thin layer of A.K. interactive weathering effect FILTE,  brown NATO tanks
5. apply at the spaces between panels and corners a black WASH A.K. interactive Wash for NATO tanks
6. with a universal solvent and a diagonal brush help your self to move the wash to where u want to.

I think thats all for the ochre