Dystopian Kiwi

Spartan Kiwi paints PLC

Hi all,

I have been painting some PLC land models up for our Call to Arms demo game on the weekend.  Pugwash has set up a game with the invaders vs humans.  He has done an amazing job of the invaders which you can see here http://community.spartangames.co.uk/index.php?/topic/14373-pugwash-paints-invaders/.

I painted the air a while ago and wanted to retain the feel for the land models but make them distinctly land so went for a camouflage look but using the same reds and yellows I used on the air models.  I still have to paint a Rarog landship and one more squadron of small tanks but didn't need them for this weekend.  I am a little disappointed with the Perun Mobile Airfield's bridge as it has a blank area on one side which I was not sure what to do with.  I am tempted to cut it out so you can see the deck below.  The actual force for the weekend will be slightly less than whats on show.  It is a 1400 force so I am dropping the Gunnery Airships, the squadron of small tanks and two flame tanks to get under the points.

IMG_20150813_182341009.jpg

I like the gold/yellow of the air ships - I feel that there is not enough on the ground units...or the camera didn't pick up the colors as easily.

I humbly suggest that for future pictures to have a stark white background, it helps the camera pull out the painted colors better.

----

Good job on the fleet being painted though!  Is there anything else we can see?

I like the gold/yellow of the air ships - I feel that there is not enough on the ground units...or the camera didn't pick up the colors as easily.

I humbly suggest that for future pictures to have a stark white background, it helps the camera pull out the painted colors better.

----

Good job on the fleet being painted though!  Is there anything else we can see?

Yes the light wasn't fantastic, I wanted to get them up before the weekend and usually don't get much time during the day to take photos.  I'll post some closeups once I get a chance to photograph them.

Thanks for the comments.

I have a few fleets in varous stages of being painted and I'll post some of them up when I get a chance:

Russians, Danish, and Prussians.