lord flash heart

Russia and Polish WIP

As with probably everyone here I have a huge backlog of stuff that needs painting so over the last few weeks I've been trying to clear some of it out, still plenty to go. I'll update with new pics on here as i get stuff done. 

It started with me finally getting the Azov and Dudinka:

20150729 233639

20150729 233533

Then some PLC:

20150804 004934 1

20150804 003721

collage 20150804003249490

I used these guys in a tournament a while back but they spurred me back into painting. 

Still to come:

The rest of the PLC Naval box

20150708 142130

Then these guys:

20150708 141959

A few more models finished this month.

20150717 235555

The Suyetkas

20150717 235603

Saransk

20150728 224623

Another Tunguska, because why not?

20150728 224629

Another Kostroma, one of 2 new ones

20150728 224709

The new carrier/sky fortress team. The originals have the darker top section. 

I recently finished up a bunch of RC land units which I'll post a couple of pics of soon. Working on some PLC fun now...

Ok so here is an update finally not quite as 'soon' as intended but still... 

Volochok

Volochok

Minsk

Minsk

Orlov

Orlov

Dread

The Dread. I used the dome drop on for this i think it looks the best. 

Land Units All

All the land units

Currently on the painting table:

Zamiec

Zamiec

lots of stuff

Some other stuff. 

I've also recently completed the Russian heavy bombers, Chaney Subs and fair few tokens. These jumped ahead of the stuff pictured above in the queue so more pics to follow. 

Thanks Quickdraw. Its more a process than anything else.

First, I base coat with Army Painter Desert Yellow

Then I use the Strong Tone ink/wash which is a dark brown

After that I do heavy patches of Dark Tone, which is like a black wash, in a couple of spots on the deck

Lastly I go and pick out planks of the deck in clusters using original base colour.  

I used to only use the Strong Tone and not any of the dark you can see the difference in the photo with the three Kostromas in it, the middle ones deck is much lighter.  

Just finished playing in a tournament in Shepparton over the weekend, was an awesome time, although my Russians did get battered fairly badly. 

In order to field the fleet I wanted a couple of units had to jump the painting queue. 

The Kirchev heavy bomber:

Kirchev Heavy Bomber Front

Kirchev Top/Bottom

And the Chany Subs:

Chany Subs

Very happy with the Kirchev. Its a great model. The chanys I did very simply but the red beacon on the top helps them pop a little. 

I also painted over 50 SAW but don't have any photos of them.  

Extraordinarily productive painting progress!  Well done.  I've been working on my single Azov battle cruiser for nearly a week now.  May be a bit overkill for the scale of DW models, but I've been using the Old&New Wood set from Vallejo for my decks.  A pair of 2x reading glasses has made the process much less of an eye-strain.  I'll post pix when complete.  We've got something in common as I'm also working on a combined RC/PLC force.  

http://www.acrylicosvallejo.com/es_ES/simple-techniques_-simulating-wood-effects-%E2%80%93-wooden-planks-and-rail-road-ties/blog/1/59

Hot off the Admiralty Shipyard in St. Petersburg!  I present a newly commissioned Azov Battle Cruiser.  I add a touch of Red to my RC to blend in with my PLC Comrades.  You can really go to town & get drawn in by all the details on this model.  The topper is from the Belgorod Landship (part ordered from Spartan store).  I plan on going back with some weathering effects.  Waiting on an order of Mig Ammo Streak Effects, Weathering washes & Pigments

RC Azov Battle Cruiser front

RC Azov Battle Cruiser top

RC Azov Battle Cruiser

Thanks guys. I love painting DW models even more than playing the game. I used the GW mold line remover (a highly useful tool) & sandpaper until The seat was flush for the Belogrod drop on. The RC command tops have gaps in them that I fill, shape & file down w/ green stuff.

Next up I'm working on my PLC Naval Battlegroup. I'm very excited about the Metal n' alchemy metallics by Scale 75. Convincingly realistic metals & the 'alchemy' colors can be mixed w/ colors...i.e. Can't wait to see how my PLC turns out with white mixed with 'moonstone' and red mixed w/ 'garnet' alchemy. Fun stuff.

Keep up the good work guys. The more painted fleets we produce for DW the better it is for the game. Well painted models warrant respect regardless of game system.

Love your fleet, looks great. I agree with how deceptively simple the Russian fleets appears. There is a tremendous amount of detail for the most persnickety of painters. I had such a difficult time choosing my Russian colors. I ensured that my Russian colors looked nothing like BigMac's color scheme because my Prussian fleet scheme is so much like his. And though imitation is supposed to be a high form of flattery, I still wanted to steer clear of his well painted fleet's scheme. I will post a few shots of my fleet in a bit.

Thanks Bolstrood, Slick.

Yeah you could go mad trying to pick out all the little details in each model. I agree Big Mac's fleet look really good, the matte grey sort of look is a nice variation on the white. Your Borodinosaur looks great. Contrasting hull with the prow and superstructure really makes it pop. Very nice.

So its been a long, long time since I've posted stuff up, had a bit of a break from painting for a little while but now I'm getting back on the horse! or Bomber as the case may be...

Coming up this weekend I'm participating in the Shepparton Miniatures Gamer Tournament which should be awesome. Last year I was lucky enough to score an Esmerelda Mieszko Valkyries Fury. Which was awesome. So I've finally painted it and I figured it'd be auspicious to post up pics as a way of wish her Polish compatriots luck in the games ahead. So here we go:

VF Top

VF Bottom

VF Front

VF Side