Sign in to follow this  
slimeball

Party for the big boys, 1200 points

This is a pretty top heavy list using minimum T2 in the form of 2 shield cruisers. I have my reservations as to its effectiveness but i love big ships :)

+++ Terrans (1200pts) +++

++ Terran Fleet (Standard Fleet) (1200pts) ++

+ Tier 1 (850pts) +

BattleCruiser (280pts)

··Marshal Squadron

····2x Marshal [2x Nuclear Torpedoes]

Battleship (240pts)

··Tyrant [+2 PD, +3 WC, Quick Launch , Shield Projector (Self) ]

····Support Shuttle Token [3x Support Shuttle]

Dreadnought (330pts)

··Titan [+1 Sh, +1" Mv, +7 MN, Sector Shielding ]

+ Tier 2 (110pts) +

Shield Cruiser Squadron (110pts)

··Aegis [+3" Command Distance]

··Aegis [+3" Command Distance]

+ Tier 3 (240pts) +

Frigate Squadron (120pts)

··Armsmen Squadron [4x Armsmen]

Frigate Squadron (120pts)

··Armsmen Squadron [4x Armsmen]

Why give the Aegis +3Command Distance? It does nothing for the shield projector....or are you going to use the regroup card on them?

Well, its a cheap way to use up those last 10 points. Also not bad at giving those Aegis some flexibility of movement.

Exactly what the other said, it just means i can keep the squadron spread out a bit further for a bigger bubble on my heavies.

I dont really expect them to be around that long to be honest as they are the only T2 available to shoot at, but they are pretty tough themselves so can hopefully draw a bit of fire before going down.

My vision is for the titan and tyrant to cruise up together protectes by the aegis cruisers while the frigates lob torpedoes from afar. The battlecruisers are the wildcard, to either shunt in somewhere advantageous or deploy and move up with the rest.

Good plan - distract him with a dread and battleship then whack him with a pair of battlecruisers. A pair of marshalls is probably my favourite terran unit. This is one list where the aegis are really useful.

I've used a list like this back in 1.5 (so no Marshalls). After a few too many games when I tabled my opponents without a single damage point, I retired it so as to still have people willing to play with me.

These days there's the risk of heavy SRS strikes or corrosive/biohazard markers to even the table a little, but this is a very intimidating list to face. My big thought is that it'll struggle with scenario play, or in any situation where it has to chase the enemy down.

This list gives up too many BL points too easily IMHO. Two Shield cruisers die relatively easily for a 6BL swing.

Also the -1 TL for the Tyrant is a must to keep it at RB2.

Consider shunting Heavy Cruisers instead of Battlecruisers.

Biohazard anything will have a field day just plinking at the Tier 1 ships in the OP's fleet. That said, it'll hit like a freight train. I would keep the battle cruisers, simply for versatility, they can rip T3, T2 and T1 squadrons to shreds much more effectively than the Gunship-Cruisers. That, and the battle cruisers can still pull off the same shunting trick that the Hauberk can.