CDR_G

New Roll call?

Yep the old roll call is of doubtful reliability. I am about 50%non whether the person or group is still there. Can't see getting rid of it though. So Another thread with 2015 entries.

The list, by Oont-

*Updated 7/29*

AUSTRALIA-

Townsville (Queensland): Twin Cities Games Association. Please talk to Ken (darthken on this forum)

Townsville/Cassowary Coast (Queensland): Dystopian Wars NQ. If in Townsville, please talk to Ken (darthken on this forum), if in the Cassowary Coast, please talk to Anthony (Nazduruk_Bugzappa on this forum)

UNITED KINGDOM
• Frome, Somerset. Myself (FSAHoops), jockjay and a couple others.

Oswestry, Shropshire. Myself (Yaa Asantewaa) (KoB, EotBS, CoA, RoF, LoIS, HEC)

USA

Florida- Ocala: The Ocala Garrison Club (12 members playing DW most with multiple forces) POC- Ed B aka tibour(on this and most other forums) or BigB

Virginia- Arlington: Game Vault-Fredericksburg/Eagle & Empire (Arlington, Va) game stores. 

CDR_G, (RoF, RC, FSA, LoIS, BW, AUSF, HEC, EIMC.)

Washington- Edmonds:  ooontrprzes & 2 others (RoF, EotBS, PE, FSA, CoA)

Washington - Tri-Cities: The Insaniac (CF, PE, RoF)

Washington, USA , Olympia .. Me  (BaccusWyatt)

i'm thinking that a better way might be to list clubs and a "go to guy", as it would help newer players who are unfamiliar with the area, and reduce accidental replication

example-

AUSTRALIA-

• Townsville (Queensland): Twin Cities Games Association. Please talk to Ken (darthken on this forum)
  • Townsville/Cassowary Coast (Queensland): Dystopian Wars NQ. If in Townsville, please talk to Ken (darthken on this forum), if in the Cassowary Coast, please talk to Anthony (Nazduruk_Bugzappa on this forum)

United States

• Fredericksburg, Va. Game Vault-Fredericksburg/Eagle & Empire (Arlington, Va) game stores. 
  • CDR_G, (RoF, RC, FSA, LoIS, BW, AUSF, HEC, EIMC.) 

AUSTRALIA-

Townsville (Queensland): Twin Cities Games Association. Please talk to Ken (darthken on this forum)

Townsville/Cassowary Coast (Queensland): Dystopian Wars NQ. If in Townsville, please talk to Ken (darthken on this forum), if in the Cassowary Coast, please talk to Anthony (Nazduruk_Bugzappa on this forum)

UNITED KINGDOM
• Frome, Somerset. Myself (FSAHoops), jockjay and a couple others.

Oswestry, Shropshire. Myself (Yaa Asantewaa) (KoB, EotBS, CoA, RoF, LoIS, HEC)

USA

Washington- Edmonds:  ooontrprzes & 2 others (RoF, EotBS, PE, FSA, CoA)

Washington - Tri-Cities: The Insaniac (CF, PE, RoF)

Virginia- Arlington: Game Vault-Fredericksburg/Eagle & Empire (Arlington, Va) game stores. 

CDR_G, (RoF, RC, FSA, LoIS, BW, AUSF, HEC, EIMC.)

I believe the concept is that this is a somewhat central location tied directly to Spartan Games, making it a logical landing point for new players.  For example, I ended up here after just about any "new guy" search related to DW, whereas in your sig above was the first I had really seen about a wiki (search engine optimization is a powerful thing, use it).  Part of my offer to "curate" this list was also in order to limit this "unwieldyness", perhaps by transcribing the new entries (which I already am getting forwarded to my e-mail) in to a cohesive list in a singular post.

I think it would make a good wiki page as well, though!

Edit 7/28:  Though I like the idea of a google doc, I return to my previous point about this being an extremely logical place for new players to congregate.  Additionally, I don't know if you can tell, but there is a slight difference in format from person to person when they post this information.  Forming it into something more cohesive may require some effort.  For example (not to pick on anyone, here), extrapolating someone's username from a roll call post in which they simply state "me" as the player identity.  Now imagine a list of 500 players that all have "me" listed, and a link to their gaming blog (or whatever people shill these days).  Good repository of information, but not the greatest resource for a new player.  Things a player can use (local clubs, players, retailers, organizers)  should be presented simply, so that they may be easily navigated.  Hell, I might use this list next time I go on vacation (my frenchmen fit in a carry-on)  to find some "international incidents".    In the meantime, care to add your name to the list, watchdog?

-community is the thing that holds a game together, and helps it thrive.  I want people who discover this game to be able to step right in the front door and see a thriving, living community, and think "this is something I need to play".  The easiest way to do that is to make sure they know they are not alone.  Take it from a player of many, many of another company's more "specialized" games- community is everything.

How about, instead of an unwieldy quote in each post, we use the wiki for this? Then the page can just be updated by anyone, and stays somewhat manageable?

How about a Google document instead? Just link it and anyone can add themselves.

USA

USA-  Florida- Ocala- The Ocala Garrison Club (12 members playing DW most with multiple forces) POC- Ed B aka tibour(on this and most other forums) or BigB