Sign in to follow this  
Takxis

drop pods without assault question

hi just had an interesting game in which my Reth recon drop pods with the big drones were used for the first time. as they land unlike other drop pods (eg Nyx etc) the inf need to wait till the next activation to move out. my terran opponent moved his troop transport up in an attemp to unload and surround the spire so the drones could not get out (fortunatly i managed to roll really well in the CQB and destroyed the transport so he didint get to move his inf). my question is has any one else encountered this tactic of stopping the heavy drones from disembarking?

Also, you only need enough room for 1 base to disembark to start disembarking the entire Squadron. You place one base, move it, then the next, move it, so on and so forth. At least that was my understanding of the most recent disembark rules... :P

the rules read that you move up to a full curise move from the building or vechile. however it would be asumed that the rule about not moving over other units is the issue here. it is quite easy to completly block the spire base.

Movement is the big one, if you are using Infantry, as you have to use the cruising move (due to Flat Out being in a straight line, so no 'moving to the otherside of the spire by going around' ). Also, there is nothing saying that your next activation has to be the Infantry in the Drop Pod... Just activate something else, blow a whole in the surround enemies, then activate the Infantry in the Pod next. :)