Captain Frederic

Defense Platforms for Support Fleets

Theoretically at some point support fleets would be able to participate more fully in Planetfall and by extension System Wars.

So with that in mind which fleets do you think are most likely to get Defense platforms?

My personal thoughts are

Terquai

Hawker

OSO Omnidyne

and

STL Traders

They seem like the factions with the most planetside assets to defend

I'd like to see 

*Terquai platforms to be a hybred of Aquan and Terran platforms (possibly a beam (any) turret and 2 shields)

*Hawker would be a tweaked version of the Terran Platform possibly with beams or torpedoes instead of SRS

*OSO Omnidyne would be comparable to Directorate

*STL Traders would be equipped with primaries or torpedo weapon systems with limited range; 0 Shields with Sector Shielding;  but cost 10 and come in squads of 3-6 (converted space docks) reflecting the majority of their fleet.  Alternatively they could be squads of 1-2 and be ridiculously tough (repurposed gas mining platforms designed to withstand powerful tidal forces and gravity wells) reflecting their Battle Station.

So those are my thoughts. What are yours?

In the lore Omnidyne had to sell all of their planetside assets to be able to pay off their debt to Works Raptor. Then they adapted to being a slightly less anarchic and slightly more orderly corporate pirate force. So they might not go back to the way it used to be, since they are profiting well in their current situation.

In the lore Omnidyne had to sell all of their planetside assets to be able to pay off their debt to Works Raptor. Then they adapted to being a slightly less anarchic and slightly more orderly corporate pirate force. So they might not go back to the way it used to be, since they are profiting well in their current situation.

Just because they had to sell off the planetside assets doesn't mean they wouldn't still have the defensive tech to "rent" to the highest bidder.

Raptor and RSN for sure will get some. Both will probably spam torpedoes, with Stealth Systems and Torpedo Spook being a focus, respectively. I could almost imagine Raptor platforms having Hidden Killer, but it's such a rare MAR that I wouldn't bet on it.

Ba'Kash, now that could be interesting... Imagine where Ba'Kash might build ships. You could have 3 Hull platforms with Disengage Freight, Deck Crews, and 1 wing each- with the Relthozan Assault Cruisers giving a precedent for forced SRS selection, restrict the platforms to Interceptors and Support Shuttles. This idea could really work for anyone, but Ba'Kash in particular I imagine lurking wherever they can, manufacturing with what little they have... as a race that is considered by many to "infest" a place rather than "inhabit" it, having a construction/repair themed platform seems cool.

Kedorians, I almost want to say that they should get an inverted Planetfall ship- a Planetfall ship that, as a hardpoint, can drop Planetfall, its movement value, and Shunt Matrix to get an extra weapon system and change its classification to Defence Platform!