Sign in to follow this  
cheetahfurry

First Demo

I went to my first demo at Captaincon and it was a lot of fun. It was a small fleet of giant rail guns vs quick little aquatic aliens. I have been staring at the game for a while and have posted in the fourms unable to decide on an army. I love mini games and I have to say it was a lot of fun. Exploding dice are neat and make the game interesting.

I have to say I have found nothing more fun then throwing 3 dice... and scoring 8 hits. 3 turns in a row I negated torpedo's with almost 2x PD successes vs the number of dice. He hit a 7, I rolled 3 point defense and got like 9. It makes it fun.

Aquans are fast and slippery little guys and I have to say I like them a lot. I can't wait to get my starter set. Think I am going RSN or as they were called Space ummm german guys from ww2. Unless syndicate get new models soon.

Heya! Glad you enjoyed yourself. It makes all the time and horse voice worth it to see people have fun playing.

If you're around in the Boston area drop the Boston group a line and we can give you another demo or we can get a game in.

Again, thanks for stopping by.  My blog (shameless plug :P) will have a post soon up with some pictures from the Con and demos.

Zak

aka Brian K.

If you want to hold out for Syndicate, 

Syndicate models will be released in the coming months - so if you can hold out a bit longer you will get your shiny ships....  :)

So that post is about 10 weeks old, and July was Halo Fleet Battles release month, so we should be seeing some more FSA releases soon.

Or just get a Patrol Fleet and a Phantom and a Spur for allies for now, then get more Syndicate later.

The real issue is so many models are amazing! I may end with multipul fleets but we shall see. Finding out about the local gaming group then I will get my starter.

It's just part of the syndrome. Once you realize that you have it, that is just the first step in curing it. So many of us have never fully recovered....

I'm one of them. I have three core fleets and two support fleets(both are in various stages of painting).

I'm not cured. :D

Yeah, I am slipping too as for few years I was dead on having only one core fleet...only to find out I want to paint other ships and have more variety...now I have three (two core, one support) and while I am further expanding the two newer ones I am already looking at another two core fleets to start. This all comes down to FSA being cheap compared to other games, especially if you cap yourself at 1200 points or just above to have some small variety. With this fleet size I can run 99% of all games around here and it's easier to create narrative battles with so many models. Still, all my FSA models are not worth of even one of my 40k armies I have lying in the close for the last several years and just gathering dust.

I went to my first demo at Captaincon and it was a lot of fun. It was a small fleet of giant rail guns vs quick little aquatic aliens. I have been staring at the game for a while and have posted in the fourms unable to decide on an army. I love mini games and I have to say it was a lot of fun. Exploding dice are neat and make the game interesting.

I have to say I have found nothing more fun then throwing 3 dice... and scoring 8 hits. 3 turns in a row I negated torpedo's with almost 2x PD successes vs the number of dice. He hit a 7, I rolled 3 point defense and got like 9. It makes it fun.

Aquans are fast and slippery little guys and I have to say I like them a lot. I can't wait to get my starter set. Think I am going RSN or as they were called Space ummm german guys from ww2. Unless syndicate get new models soon.

Thanks for stopping by!

We don't have a regularly scheduled game day for Firestorm, but we do play when we can. As Zak said, more players are always welcome, if you're local.

Also, as a long time miniatures hoarder gamer, I don't understand this thing you call "one fleet"  :P

Yeah but that Zak guy never shuts his yap. Ask Klarg1 :P :P :P

Glad to see so many people stop by and check out the games we demoed - and thanks to you and Seb for helping us with terrain and stuff.  All toll we showed off the games to ~16 people with several giving us their contact information and asking where we game locally.

Speaking of which - Cheetah we usually play at either the Hobby Bunker in Malden, MA or (it's a bit of drive so we don't go there as often) The Toy Soldier in Amesbury, MA.  Both are great shops with special props to my old friend Mick G. who runs the Toy Soldier. Why aren't you closer to Boston man ;)

It was a good time.  If you check out my blog (<cough, shameless plug, <cough>) I'll be posting up some picks and a writeup of the demo soon (there's a preview up now).

Brian