Sign in to follow this  
Nicius

Nicius' Red'n Grey Sorylian Space Lizards

Hi everybody,

I saw that my dear opponent Matti uploaded some of pictures of his white space-spiders to this forum, so I thought I'd give you a glimpse of the artillery that will soon smash them to white pulp (or at least so I hope)

Lets start with a size comparison. I've heard that Planetfall is in same scale as N scale for model railroads. Since Model railroading is another hobby of my, I thought I'd snap a quick pic for size. Pictured here is a VW Beetle of the local fire department in front of Huk'ka Heavy Walker

IMG_2984.jpg

Now onto the rest of the core helix. I still need to finish the base of the Huk'Ka, but the model is 99% done. I decided to go with a grey-red paint scheme because I kinda liked the pink-reddish studio paint scheme, but I thought is lacked something. Since I'm used to painting battle ship grey (actually, Uniform Grey to be precise) I thought this was a nice contrast to the red. Since Sorylian's are supposed to be communist space lizards, I went for a nice full red.

IMG_3103-1.jpg

IMG_3102.jpg

And here is a shot of my Bor'ka Squadron in front of some of my heavy infantry. Bases are almost done. These pictures are taken at night, so I'm sorry for the poor quality.

IMG_3062.jpg

thanks guys! I'll try to het some proper pictures of all the finished models soon. I only need to finish the hover bikes and the transport skiff for this half Core. Then its time for a recon (or the other core if it finally arrives from Spartan)

Thanks you are the kind replies guys!

Here ares ome better shots of my infantry and Bor'ka's.  Its terrible weather here today (dutch summer :( ) so this is the best I can do for now. The batteries from my camera are still charging so you'll have to make do with (ancient) iPhone shots for now.

Crappy overview:

IMG_3113.jpg

Heavy Infantry:

IMG_3120.jpg

Light Infantry:

IMG_3116.jpg

Bor'Ka's

IMG_3109.jpg

IMG_3111.jpg

Hope you enjoy!

Very cool looking models. Those pictures actually helped me decide on how to paint my own core helix (as I use similar colours for my Firestorm Armada fleet), so thank you for posting them :)

there's my car again with the heavy inf! great work

Are you sure, there are several wrecked cars scattered throughout my force  ;) . For all you know, you're might be squashed by a Huk'Ka.

Red and grey goes nice together. I think i will steal ... take the color scheme as inspiration, when i get my veydreth recon helix.  :)

I'll take that as a compliment  :)

Soo I'm running out of my red paints. I currently use Army painter dragon red and pure red for my reds. However Army painter paints are not available locally. I was wondering if anybody knows comparable colours to these to reds from Citadel ( I have a local GW store) or maybe valleyo?

I must say my experience with valleyo has been hit and miss though.

20160626_175507.jpg

Recently added a Heavy Helix to my army. Here is the first tank destroyer.

Still a WIP though. It needs some OSL and off course basing.

Really like how this model turned out. Was a bit unsure about the final highlight. Its a bit brighter then my previous one. I've used Valleyo burning orange instead of Army Painter Pure Red but I like the effect. Makes the model pop a bit more.