Loth_FSA

Directorate (red scheme)

Hello, everyone!

Thank you very much for all the positive comments and likes! :D

Very beautiful! Specially love the glow effects and your color blending.

Thanks! But it's my airbrush's merit ^_^, I usually prefer paint brush but I admit the airbrush works beautifully on plain surfaces.

These are awesome. Happy to see another Directorate fleet!

Actually, I'm not a "forum person" but Loth showed me your amazing fleet and it encouraged me to post this one! :D

Fabulous !

So the Directorate can be beautifull, finally. ^^

A much more mystic view of them with that choice of colors

The colors are pretty much the owner's idea, I only added the blue lights.

Months ago, I painted some planetfall directorate tanks for him and his instructions were: "I want them red and bronze but NOT khorne!"

So we keep the same colors here.

Very nicely done!

I am definitely going to steal your lighting pattern for the R&D compressor beams when I get around to painting them.  :D

Great! :D

How much ?

:ph34r:

Well, I take my commissions very seriously and pay a lot of attention to every detail (repair casting defects, pinning, humbrol enamel primer, etc, etc) this means dedicating time and effort, so, to be honest, it's not "low cost".

If you're really interested, send a message to this account and I'll give you my email to talk about the details.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks again everyone. Now I understand why people say Spartan is one of the nicest communities! :)

Well you suceeded the not-khorne part with that blue addition :)

Adn being ships must help as well

humbrol enamel primer

Could you tell us more about that ? Never heard of it. It makes a much more solid undercoat ?

Loth's flatmate:

I know it was a commission for you and you are not a forum member, but I really appretiate you showing the models. I always like to see more Directorate models and you brought a great paint scheme I haven't seen before, plus your execution is just perfect. If you are going to paint more FSA models, please share them with us.

humbrol enamel primer

Could you tell us more about that ? Never heard of it. It makes a much more solid undercoat ?

a0014_1_grey_primer_matt_-_14ml_enamel_p

1 Grey Primer Matt - 14ml Enamel Paint  AA0014

Well, I haven't tried every primer in the market, but I started painting miniatures 15 years ago (oh gods... I'm f$&%ing old...) and the shopkeeper of my local shop (historic, only 54mm soldiers, tanks and that kind of things) suggested me this primer as the best he had used, and since that day it's my favorite primer.

1. It's enamel with an acetone base, so you need acetone to clean the brush.

2. You have to shake it very well, really really REALLY well. And then, shake it a bit more.

3. The application is easy, spread and it will let a very thin almost transparent layer, it does not hide tiny details, textures, low relieves etc. But it's enamel, so you have to be fast.

4. The miniatures will be "sticky" for hours, I usually wait 24 hours.

5. Paint!

Solid undercoat? I took some (metal) eldars I painted 10 years ago, I put then in acetone and they barely lost the superficial paint. Then I put them in "universal solvent" (I don't know the name of this product in English, but it's the stronger thing to take off paint you can find), and after days they still have some primer and part of the original paint.

So, yes, it's very solid. Maybe too solid.

Loth's flatmate:

I know it was a commission for you and you are not a forum member, but I really appretiate you showing the models. I always like to see more Directorate models and you brought a great paint scheme I haven't seen before, plus your execution is just perfect. If you are going to paint more FSA models, please share them with us.

Thank you very much, Kurgan!

If I got more FSA models I will get my own account and share them with you all. :)