We're moving to Discord!

Come join in the discussion here!

You can also still find out all the latest news on TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to welcoming you shortly.

The Warcradle Team

Pads1982

New player where next for the fleet

Hi everyone I'm brand new to the game, I've got the sorylian patrol fleet and had a game with that, also got the new bastion fleet. For better or worse I'm keeping with the lizards as the ships are just about the best looking imho, (or the terrains) I've already learnt the battleships are a bit pants, the cruisers were ok and I like the frigates, so question is

1) what's the best tier 1 ships to go for battle cruisers?

2) are carriers worth looking at?

3) what's the point in destroyers, the cruisers seem to pack more punch for less points?

4) in terms of buying ships is it worth getting the patrol fleet again or just buy

3) what's the point in destroyers, the cruisers seem to pack more punch for less points

Sorylians generally can't do any damage past 16", except for Destroyers and Gunships. Destroyers can toss 14 AD from 24"-36", as well as 8AD (Nuclear) Torpedoes for 195 (210) Points; Gunships can toss 18 AD from 12"-24", and 14 AD (Nuclear) Torpdoes for 270 (300) points. Both provide the same role: long-range fire and damage on Turn 1.

Don't dismiss our Battleship. It is there to take the hits so that our other units can sweep in to pound them. However, My favourite force right now is a Dreadnought, 2 x 4 cruisers, 1 x 5 frigates and 1 x 5 corvettes at 1k.

Our cruisers are easily the most awesome thing in our list (Though I adore our Gunships!) I will be getting some heavy cruisers soon though as I think a squadron of 4 shunting in is easily the scariest thing our opponent will ever face - especially with 20 boarding dice in addition to the 20AD broadsides.....

everything in the sorylian list is solid, but with no real frills....we don't get corrosive or high energy or biohazard weaponry - we get massive calibre buckshot and awesome engines :) Just light up the engines get in fast and flay them all!!! 

I've been experimenting with mixed Squadron of a fully upgraded Heavy Cruiser and 3 regular cruisers equipped with Experienced Engineers and Shields.  They are surprising resilient ( at least versus Relthoza, Dindrenezi, and Aquans).  My opponents spend a lot of time focused on them allowing my frigates and battleship to focus on being maneuverable.

Don't dismiss our Battleship. It is there to take the hits so that our other units can sweep in to pound them.

This so much!  I think I've only played one or two games where the old BB wasn't still alive and dealing good damage in turn 4, they're tough as all get out, and with weapon shielding are generally awesome.  The battlecruisers are pretty good too, but given the choice the BB is my admiral's ship of choice.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.