jupjupy

Destruction of Command Element

Hey guys,

So when a command element is destroyed or retreats, all squadrons in the helix have to make a disorder test needing two successes (Page 116 of Digital Rulebook). My question is: When does a Command Element count as destroyed?

When all models with the "Command Element" MAR are destroyed? Or when the entire squadron that contained the command element is?

For example, if I stick a Ullr Shield Tank onto a Vidar Heavy Tank, and the Vidar pops, is the Command Element for my Core Helix destroyed?

We play it that you test once all the models that have the MAR are removed. Having a surviving accessory tank/walker does not protect the helix from the loss of the Command Element.

Though, it isn't spelled out specifically. Solid question for the next FAQ/Errata document.

We play this as rules written.

Destruction of the command squadron.

An attachment becomes part of the squadron.

To kill the command squadron you must kill all the models.

I do think it needs an faq.

FALSE

You must be reading a different set of rules to me Johnto:

Pg.116 for Command Element MAR

Should the Command Element be Destroyed or Withdraw from the battle,
ALL Squadrons in the Helix must take an immediate Disorder Test requiring
TWO successes – without the bonus for Command Element.

As the additional units do not have this MAR it stands to reason that the Disorder check is to be taken when the MAR assigned units are destroyed not the entire unit as Spellduck already pointed out...

FALSE

You must be reading a different set of rules to me Johnto:

Should the Command Element be Destroyed or Withdraw from the battle,

As the additional units do not have this MAR it stands to reason that the Disorder check is to be taken when the MAR assigned units are destroyed not the entire unit as Spellduck already pointed out...

By that specific logic, each time a model with the MAR is destroyed, the entire helix would need to make the test. Not to say thay your interpretation is wrong, just that your way of getting there is a little rocky.

By that specific logic, each time a model with the MAR is destroyed, the entire helix would need to make the test. Not to say thay your interpretation is wrong, just that your way of getting there is a little rocky.

Yeah thats where it gets a little rocky indeed. Core and now recon helixs with multiple models with Command element MAR.  As Zeph says the RAW suggest that as soon as the model with the command element is destroyed you take the test. I think it should be

Should the All the Command Elements in a helix be Destroyed or Withdraw from the battle,

Seems reasonable

Should the All the Command Elements in a helix be Destroyed or Withdraw from the battle,

That seems the most logical to me aswell. 

Meh i gotta be honest i didnt look at the rules when i wrote that. I just wanted somone to post them up for me ;p cheers.

And yes to that end i can see your point it does need clarification.

As for terms of death of the squadron you have to destroy any attachments (as well as saud above take tests for each model death) the squad isnt considered destroyed for purposes of scoring so why would it be considered dead in terms of command checks ?

Thanks again for aiding my laziness ;)

Because its not about "the squad" it is due to the Model Assigned Rules.

The MAR doesn't carry over to the additional unit.

If the last model with command element is destroyed in a helix; then the entire helix must take a disorder check.

Never happened to me before, but I have a question: if the last unit with command element in the suqadron is removed from game due to disorder markers (or forlhorn hope) in the end phase... Do you still have to roll for disorder for the entire helix?

Also... Does a command element benefit from its own Command Element MAR when needing a disorder check?

Had a game where my Din' Kratos needed a test. 3D6 base, +1 for Elite, but...can it get a +1 for its own comment element?

Also... Does a command element benefit from its own Command Element MAR when needing a disorder check?

Had a game where my Din' Kratos needed a test. 3D6 base, +1 for Elite, but...can it get a +1 for its own comment element?

Yeah it does. I think its in the Command Element MAR itself.