Sign in to follow this  
BlindGunn

BatRep: 1500 - KoB vs PE

Glad you enjoyed the report!

My opponent was going to try to use 3 Battleships + the Dread, but I made him change his list.  He dropped 1 battleship and got the War Rotor and Corvettes as a replacement.

<sigh>

Glad I didn't draw "Vital Asset Destruction".   WAAAAAAY too many heavies to deal with AND opting for the 75% fleet wouldn't have made much difference!   :(

My opponent was going to try to use 3 Battleships + the Dread

This is more than 60% allowed in large/massive slot so it would be illegal anyway :-)

opting for the 75% fleet wouldn't have made much difference!

It is 70%.

Nice battle report!

This is more than 60% allowed in large/massive slot so it would be illegal anyway :-)

It is 70%.

Nice battle report!

He said he got the cost down to 905 points - 5 points over the limit, buut I'm a grouch and he was so obviously pushing the limit, I wouldn't give him the 5 points.

What do you think - was I too harsh?  Should we "allow" some leeway when someone goes over a limit like that?

He said he got the cost down to 905 points - 5 points over the limit, buut I'm a grouch and he was so obviously pushing the limit, I wouldn't give him the 5 points.

What do you think - was I too harsh?  Should we "allow" some leeway when someone goes over a limit like that?

It rather depends on the person, and context. If they are always looking for a little extra then saying no  isn't a bad idea. Recently I had a game where we both wanted to use a whole load of fliers, and one side ended up 10 points over the 40% non core.  As the force fitted what we were aiming for and expecting, it wasn't a problem.

Besides, if they do that, I would think a Prussian force pushing 40% corvettes ( 6 full squadrons?) and a load of Reivers or Uhlans, plus some aggressive Emperors would have rather a fun game of how much can we prize...

James