Sign in to follow this  
HT26

Relthoza vs Sorylians dualbox?

Yeah, I had high hopes earlier in the year with projected announcement in October, but after the very well received Indomitable Battle Carrier render and then no release followup at all - I'm not expecting any sort of two player box until there's a kick starter to raise capital for it.

Given that V3 is in the pipeline (in whatever stage of development), the Relth/Sory set would be the logical choice for it's release. As for future Kickstarters, I wouldn't rule it out. Many gaming companies are going that route. 

A necessary evil in this day and age?  

2 hours ago, Flamebeast said:

I'd be extremely surprised if we see this before Christmas, if at all. By the sounds of things Spartan have changed priorities quite extensively in the past couple months.

Looks like they decided to do a kickstarter for that steampunk game instead and firestorm got completely sidelined. Im going to email Neil again see whats on.

42 minutes ago, Xerkics said:

Looks like they decided to do a kickstarter for that steampunk game instead and firestorm got completely sidelined. Im going to email Neil again see whats on.

Old Info i would Say. Check the firestorm blog from the Main page

Just now, Neratius said:

Old Info i would Say. Check the firestorm blog from the Main page

yes i read it there is guarantee they wont just push leviathans with 3.0 in august and forget about mk2 models. I still find it pretty unbelievable that they had the time to reinvent the wheel will all that scaled down firestorm system but not had the time to finish 2 core races that still had incomplete fleets without their mk2 models. Mk3 reinforcements dont really fill that hole while races like aquans have a gazzilion ships with their 10 million Carrier choices.

2 minutes ago, Neratius said:

Just wait and see what happens. With new editions come new models and they know there are missing things. I dont know whats missing on relthoza as they have all the boxes the other races have aswell?

Wow couldnt post anything outside that quote at all. 

ESsentially both Sorylians and the Relthoza have severely limited fleet lists because they are missing their 2 player boxes which give all the other races another tier 1 choice and a variety of other ships. And Sorylians are essentially still on their 1st edition stats to boot. Without new ships they are essentially unplayable compared to someone like the aquans who have multiple duplicate choices in each tier. Like Aquans have a gazzilion of battleship equivalent ships dindrenzi have 2 different battleships Sorylians and Relthoza just have the 1.

I do play sorylians and i do not feel like i do not have a variety of ships to choose from. They are somewhat week/overcosted but still playable and i only struggle against tanky t1 ships because sorylians do not succeed at that. More ships would be nice though. 

4 minutes ago, Charbe86 said:

So I believe this is officially dead, which is a shame because I would have really liked an excuse to collect sorylian as well as relthoza.  

The thing is, yet another $100+ box set for a rule set that's 3 or 4 years old isn't going to sell well enough for Spartan to make their money back. The Firestorm Taskforce Rel and Sor box is still available, since it appears your only interested in the models anyway.

@doubleones No one is asking for it to have the old rules, it could have had the 3.0 rules

SG are planning the Saurian vs Pathogen set for 3.0. It Could have been Relthoza vs Sorylian instead. That Would have rounded out the Kurak vs Zenian sets. 

Honestly Overseers vs Pathogen would have been better. Leave Kurak and Zenian out of it all together 

as far as the TF starters go, well you get a dead rule book, a good set of T3's, 2/3 of a T2, and 1/3 of the alternative components you would want. 

On 24/07/2017 at 8:33 PM, doubleones said:

The thing is, yet another $100+ box set for a rule set that's 3 or 4 years old isn't going to sell well enough for Spartan to make their money back. The Firestorm Taskforce Rel and Sor box is still available, since it appears your only interested in the models anyway.

I did intend to get the task force set anyway, but that combined with a starter set would have given me the ships to man both sides of a good size game, which is a serious consideration when most of my gaming friends still focus on GW products.  Now I have to justify a patrol fleet to my wife that she can see doesn't contain ships I currently collect.  

Its also disappointing that relthoza won't get another T1 that can be used at patrol fleet level