Rocy7

What do you think about Firestorm Planetfall?

I suppose that are opinions on my topic question, in other topics, but I dont saw any topic focusing on this question.

I interested what do you think about this system after several games that you see the pros and cons ?

How does it compare with Firestorm Armada ? It is certainly faster, but if not for cost of too much simplistic especially in terms of building the army (no hardpoints etc)?

It's fast because it's simple, not despite it. As cliched as it is now we still need to await the rest of the Helicies. It's definitely richer than Commander of Zone Drops with a lot of distinction between race variety, aesthetic, and Spartan have been moving pretty quick. I think we'll be in a better place once we start fleshing out the allies as they bring a lot of flavor. The games I have gotten in have been a ton of fun and it hits me right in the nostalgia as I can see a lot of inspiration drawn from Command and Conquer.

one of my favourite games,

I like the disorder = damage rule, it Speeds up the game, especially by taking care of damaged Units that would not have much effect in  the game, just delaying activations.

Faster then Armada, but still very strategic, due to the ZHT you Focus on your objectives (even  if it is killing squadrons) if you want to win, if you lose that Focus you will most likely lose the game.

The opiton for linked champaigns enriches both Systems, and I hope to see a 28mm game in firestorm univers soon,

Yeah i'll admit its nice to have a quick game as 2 hours plus sometimes isn't possible. It's just slightly frustrating when sometimes your 500-700 point units die to an unlucky roll when it was only damaged and sometimes the damage units are important for saving TV.

I think its awesome but the disorder test needs to be the same as armada not dependent on how much damage you take, still keep the milita regular or elite rules though they are good. And I think the stand still and hit on 3s needs to be got rid of that's far to powerful. There's just no need for that rule, it's to powerful for the long range armies and to crippling for the short. But apart from that live it :-D

Basic mechanics are solid, game is quick and fun but not that complex.

The game is still in beta and has a few elements that show this, such as recon movement, pinpoint, multiple shielded units and artillery.

Terrain rules also still need work.

I actually do not mind the disorder checks, they speed up the game and give units another way to be 'durable' aside from shields and heavy armour.

PF will only get better as time goes on and a far jump ahead from the mk1 rules in Invasion. There also remains a large uncharted territory ahead in terms of scope and direction as well as linked campaigns. My only glitch is constantly updated the stats every release but that is a small price to pay as others have playtested PF more than I so adjustments have to be made upon experience to keep balance.

Easily my favourite wargame, not just of Spartan but of the whole lot out there.

The rules play well, and its easy to get a quick smaller game in, or with the more Helixes being released to get a 5000+ point game in 2-3 hours. 

Tactically its very straight forward to learn, but has plenty of options for sneaky tactics to keep it interesting, and with the scope for each army (even at the moment) there will be plenty of different forces to face each time you head out for a game! 

Will be interesting to see if a 'meta' develops as the game grows, but I think there is going to be a hard counter for pretty much everything if someone Spam's one unit too much.

Dindren have been beaten hard with the nerf stick tbh. Im not agaisnt that it was necessary in parts. Im a bit of a stats and tactics nerd so i have around 90% win rate across the board.

Could call me a bit of a serious gamer if you want.

But thats why i love planetfall. You can still compete with any old junk lists.which means people who love just playing the models they like can still play.

The game is simply excellent ive so far convinced 7 people to play i hope for that number to keep on increasing :-)

So hang on your two terran forces haven't lost a game and the guy in our group hasn't lost a game with terrans. My dindrenzi haven't won a game yet either. However, everyone says the dindrenzi are the most overpowered by far?  :blink: