Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MikeH

Any Legions Podcasts?

hi all

I was just wondering if anyone knows of any good Legions podcasts or YouTube channels that cover the version 2 rule mechanics?

I have a mate who wants to learn the game and I wanted to point him in the direction of a show that gives an overview of the rules so he has a basic idea before we play our first couple of games

I have already sent him a link to the rules on the download, but he's lazy and I know he wont read them before we play :-)

cheers

Mike

The only one I've ever been able to find is the Element 270 podcast. They have released 2 episodes with a primary focus on Legions. There's another one that mentions them speculating the releases for 2014, and the rest usually at least mentions the game in passing.

On May 7th they posted on their Facebook page that a recording session was planned for Legions and I've been waiting for it to be posted.

Back before the game was released in 2012 there were a few podcasts talking about it but I haven't been able to find anything else since then. If you find any let us know.

I'm one of the voices on the E270 podcast - we actually recorded a Legions episode around December, but the file crashed and as effectively lost.

We did record a mammoth one in early May to do with Legions as well - and I have got to get onto editing it and putting it online (apologies).

Hi Giles, I know the pain of having recorded a podcast and then losing the file its a killer

I should have said I do listen to E270 and the shows they did on Legions which were great, but they didn't cover the rules, so come Giles pull your finger out  :D

otherwise you know those sneaky Meeples and Miniatures boys will beat you to it*

*no we won't we have a 3 month backlog on podcasts to record*

Oh... He he. I didn't look at your signature. I didn't realize you are on the Meeples and Miniatures podcast. I enjoyed listening to your show back when DL was released. I was hoping that DL would show up on there again but I hadn't seen anything.

Oh... He he. I didn't look at your signature. I didn't realize you are on the Meeples and Miniatures podcast. I enjoyed listening to your show back when DL was released. I was hoping that DL would show up on there again but I hadn't seen anything.

that was one of the shows I wasn't on but I'm on most of the newer ones (listen for the welsh bloke with the bad mic), but we've just recorded a review of Planetfall and I want to do Armada and Legions again in the future. to be honest we tend to review rules but not go into too much detail on the specifics of a game as there are a lot of great podcasts who do that already (like E270), but now I'm a Vanguard I'm hoping to do more for Spartan on the shows

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.