Fabiusm

Self made town

thanks,

cost? it is not cheap even if you have a friend doing the laser cutting!

But of course considerably cheaper, then buying it (or MDFterrain in this size) on the market,

It is completly modular, at least before you give it some colour.

So you can build all type of buildings, I settled for this combination before I gave them some colour.

But we once did some Pictures of an really high Tower, where the leviatans would have been able to walk below the Bridge,

Looks cool, I will search it again, and link it here on the Weekend.

I'm really looking forward to seeing some games with all this beautiful terrain. I was wondering if you have any buildings which are not Elevated Class in size. Playing with this much Elevated Terrain will definitely impact the type of units you will use. And as you pointed out, the Tactics.

How many sections do you think you will break up each building for when it comes to infantry occupying it?

Finally, is the entire table made up of a bunch of road tiles made from MDF?

The Basic measurment of one tile is 12cm, for the road there are normally squares, and some longer straight roads, up to 36cm by 12cm,

the houses are on the same tiles, and about 8,5cm^2 for the smallest, so a small unit can pass between 2 houses, a medium will not be able to pass through.

Since this splitts the City into a grid, every Position of a small house will be one Zone for infantry.

The bigger houses are using multiple tiles, so a building occupying a 2*2 tile (24cm^2) is 8,5+8,5+3,5 =20,5 cm

I think we will splitt it in 4 zones in each Corner, so basically one small building is always a Zone for the models.

The Problem is Height, in the big buildings, can a unit of infantry occupy the upper Level in the turn they enter the building????

First try will be 2 Levels are one Zone,this should be enough space to place even 8 bases of Relthoza inside, or a Grand Company, and it will restrikt movment over the two Buildings that Bridge over the road.

How far the Inf can move in the houses is still undefined, and we will need to do some playtesting here.

The Problem is Height, in the big buildings, can a unit of infantry occupy the upper Level in the turn they enter the building????

First try will be 2 Levels are one Zone,this should be enough space to place even 8 bases of Relthoza inside, or a Grand Company, and it will restrikt movment over the two Buildings that Bridge over the road.

How far the Inf can move in the houses is still undefined, and we will need to do some playtesting here.

At the moment, 1 squadron of infantry occupy one building, regardless of its size. They then use that entire building as their 'base' for determining range and LoS.

If you would like to house-rule this into something different though, I'd be very interested to see the results! :)

of course it will be house rules, but entering a big building on one side and then using the given rules, allows you to shoot out of the far window, and gain up to 30 cm 12" of distance, that would make infantry extremly powerfull,

drive in your Transport to a save spot  (approx 8") enter the building (approx 4-6 ") (not possible since you can't disembark and embark in on turn*) and then move through the building 12" and shoot with a small Infantry weapon 10"

that is a 30+ Inch  attack range, a Little bit to much, so the bigger building Need to be split in zones,

*)on the other Hand Inf needs to be able to get into the buildings fast,

so I think disembark and enter a building  in one turn, if we don't allow it I think noone will be using the buildings as shortcuts for the infantry,

playtesting still needs to be done, but this will be the first set of house rules, for the first games,

Distance to be moved in the building is stil to be discussed.

Finally, is the entire table made up of a bunch of road tiles made from MDF?           

ist some 80 road tiles, and  total a table of 180*120 splits up into 15 by 10 tiles, so 150  tiles, of course there are some buiger buildings using bigger tiles,

so I have approx 120 ground tiles and a lot of floors, for th buildings, I won't count them.

The infantry 'question' is an interesting one.

Perhaps this is too simplistic, but why not have the infantry move their profile distances into and up buildings?  Or perhaps say that they can only climb one floor at a time?

Planetfall is supposed to be a fast paced and brutal game so you do not want to get too bogged down with this.

climbing one floot at a time will slow them down and one floor in a small building is not enough space for 8 relthoza drones,  4 Nyx would fit.

so I believe a squadron should occupy 2 floors, and then be able to move into the next two if going up,

using inches as base inside the buildings will only work in the really big ones. since the smaller ones have a similar size as the bunker we get from spartan in the core/heavy boxes.

It needs testing and we will do that soon. ;-)