We're moving to Discord!

Come join in the discussion here!

You can also still find out all the latest news on TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to welcoming you shortly.

The Warcradle Team

S.Derek

Join the Beta Team

Hello All!

Derek/Delboy here.

Following the runaway success of Planetfall :D, Spartan Neil (our Overlord and Master!!) decided the game is more than big enough to support a Beta Group (often called a Focused Group on the forums.) We have been running groups like these for a number of years (I in fact started as a forum member, went on to be a Beta Tester then ended up writing the games!) and all of our recent releases have benefited greatly by encouraging the involvement of our gamers into the process of product creation and testing.

Joining the Beta Group for the Planetfall Game will allow those players inducted to our ranks to playtest our ideas for future rules developments, see upcoming models early, try out new Helixes and their contents long before the general public and provide measured feedback we will use to bring the game forwards!

• Beta Testers should have a level head, a good gaming knowledge and be able to work as part of the Spartan Team.
  • Feedback from Beta Testers is delivered via a hidden Topic Board (made available to Beta Testers) in the Planetfall Section of the Community where Betas can chat directly to the Spartan Team.

So......

Interested?

If so please respond in this thread, (or send me a Private Message [PM] to my Delboy moniker) answering the following questions in order:

1) Who are you?

2) Which Forces do you play in Planetfall?

3) Do you play any other Spartan Games? If so, which Forces do you have?

4) Do you have experience of other Spartan Beta Teams?

5) Do you have any outside skills that might be useful?

6) Do you represent a larger group? If so who do you represent and how many players do you have?

7) Are you willing to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA)?

The final date for submission to join the Planetfall Beta Team will be taken no later than Sunday the 31st of May.

After that I will look at those who have put their names forward, assessing their individual forum contributions and pick the Team from that pool.

All entrants will be contacted by PM before Sunday the 7th of June to confirm if they have been successful or unsuccessful.

Cheers and best of luck

Derek (Delboy)

Guest Delboy

I've put a holding message here to make it easier for folks to contact me.....since I rarely use the Spartan Derek log-in (unless I'm telling someone off!)

Cheers

d

I have been on the receiving end of a Derek telling off! Not good folks ;-)

1) Who are you? Dan B - Store Manager for Slayer Gaming in Mansfield, Notts!

2) Which Forces do you play in Planetfall? Terrans (6k), Dindrenzi (6k), Sorylians (Just started) and Relthoza (3k)

3) Do you play any other Spartan Games? If so, which Forces do you have? Firestorm Armada and Dystopian Wars - Terrans, Dindrenzi, Sorylians, RSN, Veydreth, Hawker, Directorate and for DW, EoTBS and Prussians.

4) Do you have experience of other Spartan Beta Teams? Just joined Firestorm Focus Group.

5) Do you have any outside skills that might be useful? Good organizational skills. Play A LOT of games due to the nature of my job and I watch a lot of games too. At least 5-8 PF and 3-4 FSA games a week on average. I've started writing missions for Planetfall already which are up to read now but still in early play test stages.

6) Do you represent a larger group? If so who do you represent and how many players do you have? I run a FSA instore League with 14 players, run tournaments for FSA and PF. Probably around 5-8 dedicated FSA/PF players with about another 10 occasional players/customers.

7) Are you willing to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA)? Already have!

1) Who are you? My names Richard and i'm a gamer from Liverpool

2) Which forces do you play in Planetfall? I play DindrenziI

3) Do you play any other Spartan Games? If so, which Forces do you have?  Yes I play Firestorm Armarda (Large Dindrenzi fleet, large Directorate fleet, A Kedorian fleet, a Works Raptor fleet and a Oroshan fleet). I also play Dystopian Wars ( I have a large Prussian Fleet, a large Chinese Fleet, a Covenant fleet), I play Dystopian Legions (Have Prussians). I also Have played Uncharted seas (Have a Shadow Mage fleet, a Ralguard fleet, a Human fleet and a Iron Dwarf fleet).

4) Do you have experience of other Spartan Beta Teams? No

5) Do you have any outside skills that might be useful? Have run several leagues and campagins, have run demo games for many different systems and play LOTS of different systems.

6) Do you represent a larger group? If so who do you represent and how many players do you have? Am a founding member of The Liverpool Gamers Commune, there are several Spartan games players within this group who meet and play quite regular.

7) Are you willing to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA)?  Yes

1) Who are you?

I'm Pierre (Peter) from North of France. :)

I play Sorylians, Aquans, Relthoza and Terrans.

I also use to play Dystopian Wars (CoA, RC), Armoured Clash (CoA, RC), Firestorm Armada (Sorylians).

I'm in the DW focus group. I was more reactive at the starting and now quite discreet but always with a sharp eye on all the upcoming changes. ;)

I'm not a Vanguard but I make reguraly SG games demos, so I'm trained about explaining rules to newbies. In French or English for sure! :lol:

So my seven years old son was able to play without much hesitation! :D

6) Do you represent a larger group? If so who do you represent and how many players do you have?

It is possible as my playing groupat the "Arpenteurs de rêves" counts 2 Directorate, 1Terran, and 1 Dindrenzi player.

It's already done! :ph34r:

1) Who are you?

Josh "SeerK" Linde of Firebase Delta and The Waygate Blog

Currently own Relthoza and play any force available ( which at our local store and group is all of them)

3) Do you play any other Spartan Games? If so, which Forces do you have?

I play firestorm armada and own the whole zenian league, no really fleets from every faction. Plan on doing Halo and have been looking at DW and DL. really cant wait for Spec ops

I have not been beta team for Spartan but have been for other companies (GW mostly and for some smaller independent game developers)

I am skilled in event and project management as well as event planning and coordination (neil has my Resume).  I have hundreds of hours of tournament play under my belt.  I do tactics and unit evaluation articles on my blog.

I have a very large play group at Evolution Games in Lansing, MI with every fleet and army represented.  We run The WayGate blog and contribute to the Firebase Delta Podcast.  We are also the Group who now runs the Spartan Games events at Adepticon and The Michigan GT

Yes and I have signed one in the past.

1) Who are you?

Dan Gleason from Chicagoland in the USA.

Sorylian, Directorate, and some Aquan.

Firestorn Armada. Tons of Sorylians, Terran, Dindrenzi, Directorate, Relthoza, RSN, Omnidyne.

I do not.

A few things. I have had experience in working with teams to design and edit existing rules and stats. I organized a community led revision of Battlefleet Gothic rules called Battlefleet Gothic: Revised (technically I took over after the original leader left). This included group discussion, voting, etc. I also have a starship combat blog at afterimagedan.blogspot.com where I have been posting for years. Also, I own and operate an audio production and recording studio if you have audio production needs? I know that last one is a stretch...

My gaming group consists of about 7 total players.

Yes.

1) Who are you?

Reese from Perth, Western Australia

Currently Terran+Hawker and Dindrenzi

I play Dystopian Wars (pretty much every fleet except CoA and a few minor nations, focusing on Prussians and Russians), Dystopian Legions (Prussia) and Firestorm Armada (Dindrenzi and a little bit of Terran)

Yes, I have been on the Dystopian Wars 2.0 Beta and the Legions Focus Group.

Proof-reading and formatting skills due to a background in administration for way too many years... :P

There are some locals around here that might be interested, I shall chat to them regarding signing NDA's.

Already have signed one. :)

Suppose I can throw my very fetching hat un the ring ;)

1) Who are you?

Some people call me Sara Yorke.

I have 1 of everything released so far for Sorylians, all of wave one and access to a Relthoza half core and everything released for Dindrazi.

I have a large KoB fleet, One of every box released for the Chinese bar the land core, also have some RC and PLC.

I am a DW beta member.

Yup 20+ years of wargaming experience, a small team of minions and a weird and creative mind.

We only have 3 regular Planetfall players at the moment, but I am working on the rest of our DW beta group.

Already have as have all my DW players :) although we do have a PF only player who would need to sign, would not be suprised if he applies himself (goes by the name pa11idin on here.)

1) Who are you? Chris from western australia

2) Which Forces do you play in Planetfall? Sorylian and veydreth

3) Do you play any other Spartan Games? If so, which Forces do you have? Firestorm armada (Veydreth and Relthoza)

4) Do you have experience of other Spartan Beta Teams? Not yet

5) Do you have any outside skills that might be useful? Wargamer for many years. Roleplayer and Dm for decades. A decent writer interested in writing fluff.

6) Do you represent a larger group? If so who do you represent and how many players do you have? Have a small local group of 4-6 players

7) Are you willing to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA)? Of course

1) Who are you? My name is Diego, i'm a gamer from Italy, close to Florence

2) Which forces do you play in Planetfall? I play Aquan, Sorylian and Dindrenzi

3) Do you play any other Spartan Games? If so, which Forces do you have?  I play Dystopian Wars, I have a Kob and a Chinese Fleet

4) Do you have experience of other Spartan Beta Teams? Yes, I helped a friend during the DW 2.0 Testing (I signed an NDA)

5) Do you have any outside skills that might be useful? Our group is used to run small tournament and we alway play our friendly games with tourmanet settings

6) Do you represent a larger group? If so who do you represent and how many players do you have? We are a group of players, 8 at the moment

1) Who are you?

Sining from Singapore.

Aquan, relthoza, directorate and terrain.

No

No

I've played Warmachine and wh40k and ASN familiar with a variety of other rulesets like kings of war, warpath, infinity, malifaux, xwing, armada and so on.

A gaming club in Singapore with 8 other planetfall players

Yes

1) Who are you? Alan Le Couteur, Jersey Channel Islands

2) Which forces do you play in Planetfall? Aquan & Relthoza

3) Do you plan any otherSpartan Games? If so, which forces do you have? D Wars EBS, EIC & Ottoman D Legions EBS Firestorm Aquans & Relthoza

4) Do you have experience of other Spartan Beta Teams? Yes assisted Mountbatten with DW, Legions and Armoured Clash

5) Do you have any outside skills that might be useful? Have played a wide range of games in 40+ years gaming, role-playing. Accountant by profession so good mathematic/statistics skills

6) Do you represent a larger group? If so who do you represent and how many players do you have? Jersey Privateers have a growing group of Planetfall players (currently seven) - we put on the DW Dahlak game at Salute this year

7) Are you willing to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA)? Yes/already have one

I'm very happy that Planetfall has been a "runaway success"!

1) Who are you?

Dan - a gamer from Liverpool.

2) Which forces do you play in Planetfall?

The Relthoza and Ba'Kash. I have a thing for alien bug monsters in all games where it's an option.

Yes, I play Armoured Clash as the FSA and Dominion of Canada and Dystopian Wars as the Federated States of America.

I play Firestorm Armada as the Relthoza and Ba'Kash and I also have a large Terran Alliance fleet.

No.

I have assisted in the running of some leagues and campaigns, and have ran several demo games.

Yes, I'm one of the Liverpool Gamer's Commune (mentioned by Kombine, above) and we play most of the Spartan games between us. We have 3 Planetfall players that play regularly at the moment, but I'm hoping that will increase.

1) Who are you?

Cmdr. Mike Rader, Leader of the Dindrenzi N7 Fleet, He Who Will Take Back Earth... Oh and one of the two guys who run all the Spartan Games Events at Treefort Games, Momocon, and (Potentially) Dragoncon.

Dindrenzi and Aquans

FSA- Dindrenzi N7 Fleet, Terran Cerberus Assault Fleet, Aquan Sandshark Formation; UCS- Bone Griffons of the Mist, Dragonlords

Short lived UCS Beta

I have this weird gravitation towards organizing stuff, and doing the mathing out things in games... alot.

Can Rep for Treefort Games, our Planetfall group is slowly growing but we have about 8-10 FSA players most of which seem to be waiting for the rest of the PF Helixes.

Been there, done that, twice.

1) Who are you?

David Wangen, from Lansing, MI in the US

Directorate, with a allied Works Raptor helix

Directorate, Zenian League allies.  I'm starting up an Aquan fleet as well.

No

I have a very logically-oriented mind, and am one of the best in our local gaming group at memorizing rules.  I served as a Privateer Press Ganger for Warmachine for about a decade, running campaigns and leagues.  I have a fair bit of experience in training, and apply that to teaching rules to new players.

I'm a member of the same local group as Josh Linde (SeerK) in Lansing.  We have at least 8-10 regular players, and at least one representative of every core race.

Yes.

1) Who are you?

I'm Sebastien, from france.

I play Sorylians and Relthoza.

I play Dystopian Wars and Armored Clash with PE and soon FA with the Veydreth!

No but soon maybe ;)

My wife played Planetfall too so we played one game at least each week. :P

My playing group count 1 Aquan, 1 Relthoza, 1 Directorat, 1 Dindrenzi and soon a Terran.

Yes sure!

1) Who are you?

Ian Duff, Lincolnshire UK

Terran

I play Firestorm Armada, the forces I have are Terran, Hawker, Oroshan, Marauder

No

I designed some reference cards which were used in the Planetfall demo game as this years Salute, I have also developed some other reference material for both Armada and Planetfall that Neil asked for copies of. In my 'real' life I am a continuous improvement consultant and six sigma black belt, and if required could apply a statistical/analytical toolset to any play testing undertaken. I have also been playing wargames for around 30 years.

I am a member of the core group of Armada and Planetfall players at Slayer Gaming in Mansfield (mentioned by gr1mdan above)

Yes

1) Who are you?

Anthony Delgado - Player

Directorate + Works Raptor / Dindrenzi

No.

No I do not other Spartan Beta Team experience.

I'm an amatuer programmer and videogame developer. I have 8 years playing wargames.

I currently play in a group of 6 players. I represent 3 of them.

Absolutely.

1) Who are you?

George from Lansing, MI, USA. Spartan Vanguard, player, forum bunny, infrequent blog writer, member of the Adepticon tournament organizers for Firestorm Armada, and occasional podcast guest.

Dindrenzi

I also play Firestorm Armada. I have Dindrenzi, a splash of RSN, and a Pathogen fleet.

No. I attempted to join the original Planetfally Beta team, but was not selected.

I write well, both creatively and technically. I am a decently skilled miniatures hobbyist and have good knowledge regarding photography, image making, and general visual communication. I also roll dice really well. Additionally, my demeanor is typically calm and rational.

I represent no one else, but am affiliated with a healthy gaming group in Lansing, MI, USA. We have skilled players and all of the Planetfall races available. Our core Planetfall group consists of 8-10 players at the moment, including SMDVogrin and SeerK, above.

Absolutely! I signed one before during the original application for the Beta Team. I'll sign several if I need to.

1) Who are you?

Christopher Lum, UK Derby, overall gamer in all things, be it on tabletop, video games and board games!

I play Terran plus some Hawker primarily, I have also begun collecting Directorate and have 2 cores for them.

I play Firestorm Armada where I also play Terrans primarily and have begun Directorate as well.

Alas I do not.

I have been into Wargaming for 16 years and I have a rather logical and rational approach when it comes to rules and any issues I perceive with them, as well as avoiding a bias nature to one specific faction.

I represent no one else but I am part of gr1mdan's player base.

Absolutely!

1) Who are you?

Christophe from East France

Dindrenzi Federation & The Directorate

Firestorm Armada : Ba'Kash Clans, Dindrenzi Federation, Kedorian, Ryushii, Sorylian Collective, Terran Alliance, The Directorate, The Relthoza

Dystopian Wars : Covenant of Antartica, East India Merchant Compagny, Empire of the Blazing Sun, Prussian Empire, Russian Coalition, The Kingdom of Danmark

No... :'(

Photoshoping ^^, Managing big games or tournament at my association

I can easily go up to 12 active players

I already own one

1) Who are you?

Bruno 42 year old fom France (Lyon)

Terran and Dindrenzi

I play to Dystopian war (CoA) Dystopian Legion (KoB and PE) and soon I will play to Firestorm Armada (Dindrenzi)

No (Even if I had already apply to Planetfall Beta Team sevreal times... ;)

As Vangard I orginised dozens of demo games so I how new player react when they lear the rules for the first time.

As Engineer I now aso to analyse any problem.

I'm member of RTS (6 players) but I m also the moderator of Planetfall section in French forum for Spartan games

Yes I already did

1) Who are you?

My name is Daniel and im a gamer living near Swansea

Directorate all the way, though if anyone's saying WR are getting a core helix....

I play FSA again as directorate with a strong forbidden love with WR

Nope

Ive got gaming experience in a number of different systems and rules sets 28mm, 10mm, skirmish, battle, apocalyptic slow wars...

3-6 of us depending on work/uni commitments meet up every week or so

Yes

1) Who are you?

Chris from Sheffield, UK

I play Zenian League; Dindrenzi & Directorate (5K).

I play Firestorm Armada (RSN) & will play Halo.

No :(

I play many different games systems & pick up rules quickly. I have organised/run many campaigns for our local group. 

I am a part of a larger group at the Outpost, but as there are 2 vanguards, I won't say i represent them currently.
It is a rather large group with currently around 10 active players, and others that play on occasion.

///REDACTED/// THIS POST HAS BEEN MARKED BY INTSEC AS TREASONOUS TO THE FEDERATION AND WILL BE PURGED. PLEASE REMAIN AT YOUR STATIONS TO AWAIT RSN OFFICERS WHO WILL TAKE YOUR STATEMENTS. 

Of course.

Edit: RSN officers must sign NDA.